Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband Connection

Options
  • 24-12-2009 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Wondering has anybody had any trouble with wireless broadband connection like me!? I can get a signal right beside the router, but not a meter away, then can again another meter away if I turn my laptop a certain direction, then I can upstairs in certain pockets of the house. The house is relively small and there is no concrete blocking connections. I haved been on to our broadband supplier numerous time sover the last few years. I have changed broadband supplier recently and still have the same trouble.. I have tried with 3 different laptops as my old broadband supplier siad it was my laptop. I have changed wireless router - one netopia, and another...to no avail...as then thought it was that, both brand new. I am beginning to think the signal in the area is maybe weak as shared between so many houses...I just can't work it out and it drives me mad...has anyone else had the same trouble or any ideas? Thanks... :confused::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Is there something else in the house (area) that could be interfering, AV sender possibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You probably need to login to it and change channel, may be other devices using the same channel

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

thanks for all the help. I tried changing the channel to no avail...

Advertisement