Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chip Deals on Final Tables on Full Tilt

Options
  • 24-12-2009 2:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭

Could somebody let me know what exactly the procedure is for this ?
    The guy I was headsup with said it went exactly on chip count. Is this always the case or can you change it more to your advantage ? I rarely make deals , but I couldnt see what advantage I was getting if this is the case as he had me outchipped 2:1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

kebabfest wrote: »
    Could somebody let me know what exactly the procedure is for this ?
    The guy I was headsup with said it went exactly on chip count. Is this always the case or can you change it more to your advantage ? I rarely make deals , but I couldnt see what advantage I was getting if this is the case as he had me outchipped 2:1.

Doesn't have to be on chip count: it's always negotiable, and the software allows you to change the deal amounts.

When it is on chip count, you divide the amount you're playing for (the difference between first and second, not the total) in proportion to the chips.

For example,

First prize: €3000
    Second prize: €1500

Player A: 100K (in chips)
    Player B: 50K

In this example, the players are playing for €1500 (the difference between first and second). If they agree a chip count deal, player A receives €1500 + 2(€1500)/3 = €2500
    Player B receives €1500 + 1(€1500)/3 = €2000

This is an equitable chop if both players are equally skilled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kebabfest

Ah so the software lets you change the amounts and negoiate before making a final decision. Good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Advertisement