Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

president mandela

Options
  • 24-12-2009 3:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭

president Mandela, what is the best book for inspiration?
    Did he write a autobiography?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

His autobio is Long Walk to Freedom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Beware before you read though - I found him a little too much like 'the eyes of history are upon me' when he wrote. A little self congratulatory, amounting to a celebratory indulgence in self fellatio...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Denerik - I cant disagree strongly enough. I think its one of the best biographies I have ever read.

We are not talking about Jordan's 1234th 'biography' in 5 years here - this is one of the greatest men of the 20th century. What I also loved about it, is that many of the earlier sections were not written now, they were written when he was in prison, and smuggled out over the years.

Advertisement