Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frozen Lake C&C

• 24-12-2009 4:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭

Would appreciate some C&C on these shots. They're the 5 ones I like the most from my very very cold day up in the mountains! I haven't really taken many landscape photography so far so would appreciate any tips on the shots.

Thanks
    Danny

IMG_4591.jpg

IMG_4536.jpg

IMG_4555.jpg

IMG_4553.jpg

IMG_4593.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I only saw a lake in one photo...and then, barely so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

I like #3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

i like no.1, the lighting is nice.

no. 2 might have worked better if you managed to get into the middle of a circle of trees ? - i.e. had the trees all around the photo... maybe a bit cliched though.

no. 3 might work better if you had a tighter crop at the top, maybe just slightly above the top of the mountain - as there's nothing interesting about the sky. also, if you have more of the bottom of the photo (i'm guessing you dont??) - at least enough to show the bottom half of the people skating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Sorry, this was the pic of the lake I wanted to upload - just shows you the merits of previewing posts :)

IMG_4554.jpg

The trees is a bit cliched alright, I didn't want to thread the 4ft deep snow to get into the middle of them.

nice. just something slightly distracting at the very bottom of the photo ?? you could just crop that out. nice shot.

lake louise by any chance ?

• Advertisement

Indeed it is. Have you been? Yeah must crop that out alright.

yep. lots of memories. i'd move to vancouver in the morning if i could.

here is the exact same photo that i took in july of this year if you're interested:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/barry_mcgreal/3739883953/

That's gorgeous! Must get back up there in the summer. It's kinda mad to be walking on a frozen lake!! Yeah Vancouver is a great spot. It has plenty of really good reasons to get out and uses the camera!

ps: what lens etc did you use for the shot?

sprinkles wrote: »
    ps: what lens etc did you use for the shot?

sigma 10-20, on a tripod, possibly with a ND grad filter i think. its pure madness getting up at like 5am to drive 2 hours to get the shot you want, but having to stop on the way to take pictures of bears on the side of the road !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

yep. lots of memories. i'd move to vancouver in the morning if i could.

here is the exact same photo that i took in july of this year if you're interested:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/barry_mcgreal/3739883953/

Just check out the photo...really like it. Good job

• Advertisement

Haha, yeah definitely more effort than I put in!!! Beautiful drive up there though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

I would just like to say that you are a jammy git.:P

Id love to see Vancouver. Nice pics btw. The trees one makes my head spin:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

a photo i got at lake louise of a chipmunk presenting some grass to a block of ice:

lakelouise11.jpg

Thanks for the comments. Here's a couple more from the following trip to Banff. It's an amazing place.

Banff%20Lake.jpg

IMG_4662.jpg

IMG_4653.jpg

IMG_4672.jpg

Advertisement