Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It happened this morning ....

• 24-12-2009 9:35am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

It happened this morning. Lifted up my bag that was packed last night, but leaving a zip open. My 18-200mm Nikon zoom fell out & onto the floor. I picked it up & there was the tinkle of broken glass. "Oh Bother" I said to myself (or words similar)

My UV Filter selflessly sacrificed it's life to save that of the Lens which has been like a mother to it. Farewell dear friend & thank you for a job well done. I will name your replacement "Hoya" in your memory & honour.

No photos of broken glass as I am writing this at the Airport.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

feck! Airport bags+camera=bad!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

It's like the little match girl or something :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ive never been so proud of a filter I didnt call my own :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Sorry to hear that. But at least it was only the filter and not the lens.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

What about the lens hood? Did you have it on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

It happened to me a few weeks back when I the lens fell out of my bag as the bag wasnt shut properly.

My shout was somewhat more blue but soon turned to relief when it was the UV filter that was busted *huge sigh of relief on a 2K lens* :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Did not have the Lens Hood fitted.

The UV Insurance Policy has paid off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Ohh my heart nearly dropped when I saw the words drop and your new baby. Thanks be to lens heaven for that UV insurance.

Happy christmas Cabansail

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i didn't get so lucky. dropped my 90mm zuiko f2 macro in the phoenix park this morning, and there's a subtle flat spot on the barrel now which means it will focus from infinity to about 6m, but no closer.
    i'm raging at myself.

Advertisement