Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Eve Freeze (Wintry showers in east, temps below -10c tonight)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

As a trivia question for the weather stats guys n gals - when was the last time we had such a huge variation in temperature across the island at the same time?

-9 in some spots up to + 7 in the far southwest....
    A difference of 16C
    I don't know, but for example something like 11-12C at Valenta and -4 to -5C in northern midlands, not an annual occurance but perhaps once every 2 or 3 years.
    Just speculating really

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Merry Christmas everyone, enjoyed taking part in these threads the past week or so. -8.6c here in Mayo, looks like the temp is dropping from around -9.1 about an hour ago. Rain on its way! The roads will be lethal when the rain comes considering the ground temp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Strange how England/Wales is much milder than Ireland this morning - -1/-2 are the lowest temps outside of northern England.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Happy Christmas one and all. -4.1c here atm. I see rain already into the south west.

Met E forecast: Extremey cold and frosty this morning. Then cloud increasing during the day with outbreaks or rain, sleet and snow extending across the country by this afternoon. Temperatures continuing below freezing for the morning and then gradually rising to between 3 and 6C this afternoon and evening.

I see now they are not now specifically saying where it will snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Dropped down to -8C in the last hour here in North Kildare:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Took the dog for a walk this morning, could only get about halfway, too cold and came back - undeniably the coldest I have ever been in Ireland outside. Freezing fog and a slight east breeze make it bitter cold. Can't believe we'll see rain later, but thats what the forecasters say

I'm currently at my lowest since midnight.
    Currently -4.4c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

-5.6C and still dropping here!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

here comes the milder air, temp rising like mad now. was -8.1c an hour ago now -4.9c, Infact everytime i look at the weather station its risen .1c everytime

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

snaps wrote: »
    here comes the milder air, temp rising like mad now. was -8.1c an hour ago now -4.9c, Infact everytime i look at the weather station its risen .1c everytime

milder air its -8.9c here and dropping but will rise soon and i have noticed met weather are forecasting snow for here and not rain!:D good christmas! and its bound to lie with all this frost!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Took the dog for a walk this morning, could only get about halfway, too cold and came back - undeniably the coldest I have ever been in Ireland outside. Freezing fog and a slight east breeze make it bitter cold. Can't believe we'll see rain later, but thats what the forecasters say

yep thats global warming they say. merry christmas all.

best_christmas_pictures_19.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_3eO3DHj-8&feature=related

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement