Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

draining back garden

Options
  • 24-12-2009 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭

hi my back garden/swamp badly needs draining. it is a large area so i had planned on getting a mini digger i. as it is a very wet area i thought i would have to wait till spring/summer. however given the recent weather i was wondering would now be a good time. obviously i want to keep damage from digger to a minimum so was thinking with the frost and that matbe digger tracks would not go down as much into soil?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Installing land drains can involve considerable excavation works, typically trenching 1.0m-2.0m deep by 0.5m wide and such work in current weather conditions is probably dangerous (trench collapse) and also cause considerable damage to soil which would take much longer to recover.

Best to wait until a considerable improvement in weather (most likely Springtime).

Happy digging!!:D

Advertisement