Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ho Ho Ho...Merry Christmas!

• 24-12-2009 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Ho ho ho folks, Archie Claus has decided to deliver his presents one day early so as not to be distracted from his Christmas dinner tomorrow. Ive got some presents for some of the regulars here, let me just dip into my sack and find them....

Let's see, what have we here...Oh this is for young Mr. Alan, got your letter weeks ago! Merry Christmas!

dollss.jpg

Hmm....up next is young Desmond, hope you get loads of enjoyment out of these over the coming year! Ho ho ho!

desz.jpg

Lets not forget our dear moderators, young Xavi wrote his letter all the way back in February! I was a bit surprised, but it is Christmas, so he gets what he asked for! Ho ho ho!

xavid.jpg

As for young mink_man, well there is no chimney at the mental institution, so Im just going to leave these outside in the car park. Merry Christmas!

minkman.jpg

For the resident Chelsea fan among us, CHD, I know youve been waiting a long time for this particular gift. I realise you had saved up for one, and were about to get it in May 2008 but for some cruel older boys! Here you go fellow! (Sorry its not the real thing!)

chdc.jpg

Bobbysands is next, and no need to thank me! Ho ho ho!

bobbysands.jpg

Let me see whats next....oh....looks like this is for the delightful little fellow ntlbell! Merry Christmas!

ntlbell.jpg

Archie Claus' sack was mighty heavy, so he didnt have room for many more gifts. Im afraid you lovely lot in the Liverpool thread will have to share this one!

beachbally.jpg

And as for the rest of you, well, Archie Claus regrets to inform you that you all appeared on the naughty list this year, so he has no option but to leave you all with lumps of COLE......ho ho ho, pun-tastic....

coleo.jpg

:o:o:p

Ho ho ho, Meeeeeerry Christmas!

Ah no lads, in all seriousness, just want to wish each and every one of ye the happiest of Christmas and the most prosperous new year ye can achieve. I know there's an awful lot of bickering and arguing here, but at the end of the day Im assuming we all see it for the harmless banter that it is, and a means of distracting us from work, or our studies, or just the hassle that is everyday life. Its been a tough year - the recession has hit our country hard, some of us may have lost our jobs, some of us may have even lost loved ones - we certainly lost somebody dear to us here at the soccer forum in Eirebhoy (God bless him) - but we always have each other here, and even though the only thing that can seem to unite us at times is those cheating French bastards, I guess we're not the worst bunch in the world. All the best to ye lads, enjoy the holidays!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol we have a new contender for Post of the Year :D

Pity you had to go all ghey at the end ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol we have a new contender for Post of the Year :D

Pity you had to go all ghey at the end ;)

Well sir....

...I hate to use foul language...

but....

.....be nice you big silly goose!

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

merry christmas one and all!! Xavi am i right in thinking that it doesnt feel like christmas at all over here in oz as it is too warm and christmas decorations arent everywhere etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

mormank wrote: »
    merry christmas one and all!! Xavi am i right in thinking that it doesnt feel like christmas at all over here in oz as it is too warm and christmas decorations arent everywhere etc...

Yeah mate it is very weird. The first year was a bit of a shock cause it really isn't the same. Normally I get gee eyed down the local with the lads then stumble home in the freezing cool in a t-shirt. Good times and you definitely miss the proper Christmas buzz.

However that sentimentality can go fuck itself when I'm having a barbecue breakfast on the beach in 35 degree heat tomorrow! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Xavi6 wrote: »
    However that sentimentality can go fuck itself when I'm having a barbecue breakfast on the beach in 35 degree heat tomorrow! :D

Bah humbug!! I want this!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Good mar Archimedes for creating boards equivalent to No mans land 1915.

I though the soppy bit at the end was quite touching in a masculine awkward hug type of way and not the Ghey kissing on the cheek way as alluded to by one of our overlords.

Happy christmas to everyone here.

Except the liverpool supporters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Ah feck it its christmas a specially merry chistmas to the Liverpool supporters, but I'll stop short of wishing you a happy new year, I hope you understand.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

eddiehead wrote: »
    Bah humbug!! I want this!:pac:

I'd rather freeze my tits off at St Andrews stephens day watching Drogba bang in a hat-rick. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats made me laugh (mainly cos I was expecting the usal lame seasonal crap!). Well done Archimedes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Merry Christmas excellent post:D

• Advertisement

Genuinely laughed at that Archi. Happy Christmas to all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Merry Christmas all and excellent post Archimedes!

I had the Aussie xmas last year,surf and turf for dinner out the back garden in 34 degrees after going for a swim,must admit I'm looking forward to tomorrows home at Mammy's more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Merry Christmas one and all.

it's been a good year in here.

barely a dull moment in sight, and as was alluded to, it's all in the name of good fun and proper banter.

drink and be merry good sirs and madames...

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

here here...

Merry Christmas, I'm definitely more of a lurker than a poster, but Happy Christmas! Thanks for giving me all the entertaining reading over the year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Merry Christmas All.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Merry christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Merry Christmas chaps.

funny_christmas_picture_0001.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Morning all!

Good Christ, I cannot wait for Christmas Dinner. Popped downstairs to get a drink there, and seen the Turkey and the Ham, and all the vegetables prepared. Its so far away :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Happy christmas all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Archimedes wrote: »
    Morning all!

Good Christ, I cannot wait for Christmas Dinner. Popped downstairs to get a drink there, and seen the Turkey and the Ham, and all the vegetables prepared. Its so far away :(

Never mind Christmas dinner mate.... Wait until about 7 or 8pm and have a giant sandwich with ham and turkey. Fcuking amazing.

Christmas sandwich FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Merry Christmas to all of you,

Arsenal are busy training today to kick some ass on Sunday and I'm going to smoke some, eat the beautiful dinner on the way, kick back and chill out.

Happy days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

A Hoopy Christmas to all

LOL, great post OP.

Happy xmas to all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭GO'S

happy new year :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

WP great post.

Advertisement