If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG PQ426000

Options
  • 24-12-2009 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hiya John, Kenny and Co... Hope you're enjoying a small Christmas breather! When you can, maybe you can let me know about this telly, which I enquired about by email last month: it's been £499 for the last week or so on richersounds.com, and I believe it's one of the few plasmas you'll send south. Could you get it to Dame Street before New Year?? All the best, harry

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

harrymario wrote: »
    Hiya John, Kenny and Co... Hope you're enjoying a small Christmas breather! When you can, maybe you can let me know about this telly, which I enquired about by email last month: it's been £499 for the last week or so on richersounds.com, and I believe it's one of the few plasmas you'll send south. Could you get it to Dame Street before New Year?? All the best, harry

H,

No problem - I cannot check stock on the model today but if we have it available from stock we can get it to The Philips shop for you no problem (expect the Philips guys to give it nasty looks and leave it in a drafty spot in the stock room :rolleyes:)..(but it really is a cracking TV!)

If we don't have it in stock in Belfast again stock permitting in the main warehouse in Manchester we can get it to Dame Street for you for the 1st week in Jan.

If you are interested just PM me your contact details and I'll pop an order on the system for you and give you a shout re timing.

Thanks again for the post and drop me a line if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4 harrymario

I just wanted to give public thanks to Kenny, who eventually got this screen to Dame Street for me this week. And while I'm at it, I've got to praise the thing, which is a helluva lotta telly for the money: presumably the market's Full-HD fetish (go on, count those pores) and growing indifference to plasma mean there's a bargain here.
    I wasn't ready for what a beast it is: 42-inchers look so modest in the shops! I haven't laboured yet to get the very best out of the picture, but it looks good already, and the two most attractive 'special features' have come up trumps: playing avi files through USB is a doddle (they look fantastic) and tuning in the DTT test transmissions (I'm in south Dublin) is giving me astonishingly good images on RTE, TV3 and TG4. So far what I've watched is all SD, but not like I've seen it before. The only drawback is that this really shows up the limitations of my NTL digital box. Hmmm.
    Anyway, thanks RS, from a repeatedly satisfied customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

harrymario, was interested in this myself. Looking for a tv I can mount on the wall in the playroom, hooking up a wii, xbox360 and NTL SD box to it.

Couple of questions for you if you dont mind:

Is too fat to go up on the wall?

Is SD from NTL really bad on this set?

You hook up any game consoles to it? Quality?

Screen stronger than an lcd one, might be able to take a wii controller or two to the face ? ;)

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4 harrymario

Sorry, garlad, I'm the wrong guy for pretty much all your questions: I'm using the stand -- which gives a nice bit of rotation and is reassuring difficult to shift -- rather than a wall-mount. And I've moved straight from a CRT which means I can't really compare its depth or resilience to that of other flat-screens. It would certainly stand-off from the wall a bit but I imagine it'd be fine. Plus there are no gamers in my house, yet: gotta give the four-year-old some time. For now it's a movies and football machine.
    As for old-fashioned NTL digital SD, I'm no expert (there are plenty elsewhere on boards.ie, I'm sure) and it could have something to do with the way I'm running cable to the set-top box -- I'm gonna play with that -- but the picture is a bit rough, the sort of roughness I could sometimes spot on my little old Philips CRT if I sat close enough. Last night I watched some of the African football on Eurosport and from less than 10 feet the image was not sharp. Now this could be a problem from NTL (maybe they squeeze the signal on the 'lesser' stations) or my cable-ing, but it sure isn't the telly's fault, as perfect pics from all other sources indicate. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Cheers for reply

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

garlad wrote: »
    harrymario, was interested in this myself. Looking for a tv I can mount on the wall in the playroom, hooking up a wii, xbox360 and NTL SD box to it.

Couple of questions for you if you dont mind:

Is too fat to go up on the wall?

Is SD from NTL really bad on this set?

You hook up any game consoles to it? Quality?

Screen stronger than an lcd one, might be able to take a wii controller or two to the face ? ;)

Cheers

Gar,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - and thanks Harry for the input!

Ok - the 6000 series is really slim and looks G R E A T when wall mounted - it has that 'slice of glass' look and to be honest (sorry Harry) it looks much better on the wall!

SD is excellent on the 6000 as well - but as Harry says it really does show up just how crap the NTL standard composite or RGB STB is when compared to Freeview / MPEG4 or DVD/BR quality.

On the connection front - the 6000 has 3 * HDMI, Composite, Component, 2 Scart inputs as well as other bits 'n pieces

The 6000 also has a glass front screen which I hasten to add is not Wii resistant (but looks great..)

Keep me posted if we can assist and apologies for the delay,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.