Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Frost

Options
  • 24-12-2009 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Anyone have trouble with it yet?

My Dad just called me there telling me he had to abandon his jeep on his way to his farm outside glanmire heh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Ice rink in my estate in Glanmire. People are abandoning their cars and attempting to walk up the hill. Cars are parking at the bottom of the hill to collect people who live further up. My neighbours are pretty much stuck at home. They were meant to be going to a relative's house for dinner. Yesterday someone in the estate organised a truck with sand and that sorted the roads but today after the rain the roads are covered in ice. As I speak a an has just slid by. Stupid crap weather.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Cork -Mallow road was treacherous, but is improving as time goes on - the rain is over the ice, so caution is still required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Yeah down here in Cobh it switches each day from safe to severe :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I'm in Glanmire too, haven't been out for the day. Is it really that bad out there?:( Have to travel to Youghal tomorrow. (or maybe I'll have a good excuse not to go if its that bad!)

My estate has been ok the past few days but I had to drop my son's friend home to another estate in the area (on tuesday) and it was trecherous, I skidded 3 times, if its gotten worse since then, it must be impossible to get up and down. I had to go over to my dads yesterday and was fine until I was just outside his house and almost skidded into his wall when I was trying to turn in

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

Road still bad between Castlelyons and Dungourney, extrememly bad near any forestry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭babychuckles

The R579 is bad especially from cloghroe to donoughmore. my sister tells me that a lorry jacknifed before the old fountain bar on Sunday. Fingers crossed all ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

The R579 is bad especially from cloghroe to donoughmore. my sister tells me that a lorry jacknifed before the old fountain bar on Sunday. Fingers crossed all ok.

lol donoughmore always seems to get the worst. specailly that strech near the fountain thats bad on a good day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭baubl

cork1 wrote: »
    lol donoughmore always seems to get the worst. specailly that strech near the fountain thats bad on a good day
    what is the temprature, and what is forecast for night

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭babychuckles

current temp in donoughmore minus 2.3. Guess it's another day on the ice for many unlucky enough to have to go out on the roads tomorrow, monday.

The cold just wont go away. My parents' driveway was still an ice rink this morning, although it was 4 degrees. Luckily I was able to get out of the estate and the roads to Dublin were fine. Glanmire was a bit icy this morning but then I only drove through Riverstown and Sallybrook.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭baubl

janeybabe wrote: »
    The cold just wont go away. My parents' driveway was still an ice rink this morning, although it was 4 degrees. Luckily I was able to get out of the estate and the roads to Dublin were fine. Glanmire was a bit icy this morning but then I only drove through Riverstown and Sallybrook.
    I love this weather
    Cold dry and healthy
    this may kill off this swine flu

baubl wrote: »
    I love this weather
    Cold dry and healthy
    this may kill off this swine flu

I love cold dry weather too. But we were trapped in the house for the last few days and I was worried that I wouldn't get out today to visit my boyfriend. Also, we ran out of bread. :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thorpe

Rathcormac to Midleton road was fairly bad over the last few nights esp around Lisgoold.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Chilli Con Kearney

I'm thinking of heading down to stay in Cork tomorrow for a few days - got a good offer on a hotel. Driving from Wicklow. Is there any point or will I just be stuck in the hotel all day? Roads that bad??

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Road from Leemount to Donoughmore very icy again tonight.6pm. 1/1/10

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Pretty bad fog as well around North Cork

Advertisement