Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest/reliable/3mb wired internet

• 24-12-2009 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hey gang

hope yer all well.

I am at home in cork for the xmas, and was only talkin to the father and he was saying that hes paying 60 a moth for internet and phone all in with eircom.

i am trying to get him to change over to bluface for voip, and to port the number over n all, in order to elininate the line rental.

Is there any ISP, that doesnt require a phoneline, but still offers internet through a wire, rather than thru the air, without the need to connect up a satelite dish or anything like that?

I am just looking for internet that meets all of the above, and is also the cheapest!

any help would mbe much appreciated.

thanks very much

ed

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

i am trying to get him to change over to bluface for voip, and to port the number over n all, in order to elininate the line rental.

Is there any ISP, that doesnt require a phoneline, but still offers internet through a wire, rather than thru the air, without the need to connect up a satelite dish or anything like that?

If it's still to be wired, then choices are very limited. Have a look at UPC/NTL/Chorus who are available in Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

if u are not able to get UPC( from 22 euro for 3 mbit/s)
    http://www.upc.ie/broadband/
    then u might try
    vodafone , from 40 euro month inc line rental ( stil dsl though)
    http://www.vodafone.ie/homebroadband/?ts=1261656172819

Advertisement