Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccomend me a pc game for christmas

Options
  • 24-12-2009 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭

I think the selection is quite poor this year for pc cause the jan feb march april of next year have great releases , i need a reccomendation of recent games
    i own Dragon age
    Empire total war
    dawn of war 2
    fallout 3
    bioshock
    Arma 2
    and countless others

Im considering borderlands or tropico 3? any other reccomendations?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The Orange Box. It's been around ages but it's still the best bargain in gaming.
    Also check out the Steam Sale.

Operation Flashpoint 2, while not a great game is only €25, STALKER is 1.99!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

Torchlight is supposed to be excellent and only 7.99 on Steam.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Yup, just played it this morning, it's good fun. Borderlands would be in the same area of Diabloesque gameplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Stalker SOC with the Oblivion Lost mod FTW, it balances the game, changes some of the weapons and sounds to be more realistic and makes it a much better game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

at this stage i will be puchasing off of steam or impulse !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

The Witcher Extended Edition is around a tenner on Steam - supposedly a great RPG (just bought it myself but haven't really played it yet).

P.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Street Fighter 4. The highest rated PC game of 2009 according to metacritic.

Once you experience the joy of 4x c.lk xx scissors you won't be able to go back to any other game. :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Azza wrote: »

Once you experience the joy of 4x c.lk xx scissors you won't be able to go back to any other game. :D

what he said.

Red Faction Guerilla was fun on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Value pack on Steam for €67

Includes: Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic, Day of Defeat, Deathmatch Classic, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Ricochet, Half-Life, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, Day of Defeat: Source, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, Half-Life Deathmatch: Source, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Portal, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

If you like RTS, Men of War is good. Slow paced, very hard and extremely detailed. Massive selection of units, each solider has his own stats and equipment. You can loot every corpse and vehicle wreck. Quite nice graphically, comically bad voice acting. Co-op multiplayer is good.

Kings Bounty is a decent RPG, again some errors in translation like Men of War above (both games come from Russia). Many PC game reviewers called it one of the best PC games of 2008. An expansion has just been released.

Risen is a good if unspectular RPG as well. Its the newest Gothic game in all but name. Its no Witcher or Fallout but its worth a play through.

I see Braid is going cheap on Steam at the moment. For €2.24 you can't go wrong. Metacritic score of 90%. Best indie game of the year for PC.

I have also been hearing decent things about Anno 1404. Its got decent reviews and I have read good feed back on many gaming forums. Like Age of Empires but without the combat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rome total war? 3.24 on steam
    Mirrors edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Left 3 dead 2....peggles :D

Ended up gettin tropico 3 and defcon on steam very happy with both purchased especially tropico el presidente

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Azza wrote: »

Came in to recommend this. Fantastic game, once you get yourself a stick!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Came in to recommend this. Fantastic game, once you get yourself a stick!
    Iv got street fighter 4 but only got the xbox pad for pc to play it with , would love a fight stick for it .

Advertisement