Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maxtor HD died again

Options
  • 24-12-2009 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

My second 500gb Maxtor diamond-max drive died recently after only 14months. Fairly pissed off, lost my game saves :(
    Worst thing is this is the second one I bough two of them and the first one died 6 months after I bought it. Surely I cant be that unlucky and its just that maxtors are a pile of ****e. I'm back to using my 160gb samsung that must be 5 or 6 years old at this stage.

Has anyone else had any bad experiences with maxtor or any other drive.

I have yet to claim under the warranty since it is quite expensive to do so and if you don't pack it a certain way they are likely to reject it.
    I suppose it might be worth while to claim since both the ones I bought are dead

Looks like I'll just have to buy a samsung again. A nice Big one:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Maxtor have always been absolutley dire. I havent touched them since the maxtor fireball back in 97(ish). Since probably about 2003 ive been using samsung drives, and never looked back once.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭slowlydownwards

Fool%20Me.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

my maxtor 320GB IDE exploded about 6 years ago. never again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

Just to clarify I bought them both at the same time...

So I was only duped once but just twice as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Of the 4 hard drives I have only one has fried and that was a Samsung!

the other 3 are Maxtor.....funny world

• Advertisement
Advertisement