Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can anyone recommend a birdfeeder

• 24-12-2009 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

ive posted this also on bargain requests.

can anyone recommend a birdfeeder for the garden

please let me know how to prepare food and water and how to position it so its safe from cats etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

A large choice on the Birdwatch Ireland site here: http://www.birdwatchireland.ie/

and information too. "The Birdtable Book" by Tony Soper is a very useful guide to pick up as well - in fact I can sell you a copy if you wish - this is not an ad! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭ceoexec2

ill check out the site and get back to you.

what price the book

what price should i expect to pay for the feeder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Go to B+Q or Woodies and get a cheap wire mesh and seed port feeder. You should get the two of them for less than a tenner. Get some peanuts and seeds as well. I have my feeders hanging from a metal stand that I got in B+Q for 16 quid, it has a seed tray and a water bowl as well as a hook for hanging feeders. I don't think a cat could get up it.

If the birds come, then maybe look at getting more expenive, bigger feeders. I have a caged one that keeps larger birds out, it cost 40 quid. Coal tits, blue tits and the odd goldfinch use it.

Advertisement