Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fulham Match

Options
  • 24-12-2009 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Fulham-FC-icon.pngVtottenham.jpg
    Ok we're Away From Home against fulham lost this exact fixture last year but we're a different team now and I think we can Take all three but Duff will do a good job tracking back and double teaming Lennon which is half the battle when shutting us down King and Modric are both Doubtfull we should see
    Gomes
    Corluka--Dawson--Bassong--BAE

Lennon--Hudd--Palacios--Kranjcar

Crouch-Defoe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

with the form fulham are on id take the draw

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

the is on in murrays

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

It'll be a tough game. I'd say 1-1. Hopefully Zamora doesn't score. Defoe on the bench. Keane and Crouch up front.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

el diablo wrote: »
    It'll be a tough game. I'd say 1-1. Hopefully Zamora doesn't score. Defoe on the bench. Keane and Crouch up front.

happy with th. for me defoe might be getting a little comfortable n not scoring as many as he should last couple of games (not ncluding the wigan game!!:D) but i feel hehas lost a bit of sharpness n this mightmake him hungrier against west ham. not that he ever needs to be up for that game fxture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Agree with you about it beeen good on freshen things with Keane starting up front. Have a cheeky fiver on him first to score.
    Sounds like Zamora and Dawson are having a roight Ding Dong. The amount of players that have gobe through Spurs ranks down through the years.

Gomes just made a quality save from Zamora from a great Duff cross.
    Get us out of Craven with a draw. Ireland should have gone for Hodgson when we had the opportunity.

Defoe and Modric on for Keane and Kranjcar. 1-0 to the Spuds (I hope). ;)

Gomes you legend. Great saves from Dempsey and Zamora.
    My Bob Keane bet gone. Subbed for JD!!

JD with a half chance. Nil All.

• Advertisement

Luka showing his class again. COYS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

0-0 fair enough result I suppose,both keepers on top form,I'm happy enough considering what they done to Man Utd last week.Another clean sheet is good also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

tippspur wrote: »
    0-0 fair enough result I suppose,both keepers on top form,I'm happy enough considering what they done to Man Utd last week.Another clean sheet is good also.

agreed on balance Gomes was busier and a point was a good result.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

tippspur wrote: »
    Anyone could have beaten United last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Kold wrote: »

Would agree that United were very poor last week, however Fulham's recent form has been excellent, so a point was not a disaster.

Listened to the game on the radio and it sounded like Fulham were the more hungry team. Also sounded like 'the Octopus' put in a very good performance for us.

All in all, a clean sheet and a point where we took none last year is just about ok. Just means it's a must win game against West Ham on Monday .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We wouldn't have !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Looks like City are going to overtake us for 6th. I think we need Craig Bellamy or another top class striker with pace and energy. I think Keane and Crouch are only ever going to be good enough as back up strikers for a club of our ambition. At the moment we have great players but still no one who will take the game by the scruff of the neck á la Rooney, Gerrard or Lampard. Someone to force the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Good point in all honesty.
    Need to beat the hammers now to keep up with the pace.

Looks like City are going to overtake us for 6th. I think we need Craig Bellamy or another top class striker with pace and energy. I think Keane and Crouch are only ever going to be good enough as back up strikers for a club of our ambition. At the moment we have great players but still no one who will take the game by the scruff of the neck á la Rooney, Gerrard or Lampard. Someone to force the issue.
    Bellamy would be quite expensive and he's only got one or two good years left at most. But he would be a good short term solution. Maybe they'll let him go on loan. Did he play today?

Bellamy came on as a sub and the City fans made a martyr of him as Robinho was so poor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭hotspur147

i wouldn't worry too much about city.mancini's honeymoon period will soon be over and i don't see city's big players busting a gut for a manager who has only signed 'till the end of season.

I agree. I think Liverpool, Villa, Fulham are real threats to us as opposed to City.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Good point in all honesty.
    Need to beat the hammers now to keep up with the pace.

100%

Advertisement