Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mulled Wine Recipe

Options
  • 24-12-2009 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good Mulled Wine Recipe?

I'd rather not go for a "kit".

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Here's mine: a couple of cinnamon sticks; some slices of orange studded with cloves; a pinch of ground ginger; a few tablespoons of light brown cane sugar; I usually put in a small glass of brandy if I have it to hand, or a more generous one of port, whatever is there. Sometimes I dilute it with freshly squeezed orange juice for dessie the driver.

Heat slowly until almost boiling then turn down to a low simmer until needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Probably too late. but....

In a little bit of cloth I put (slightly crushed: half a cinnemon stick, bout 5 cloves, few fennell seeds, few pepper corns, few coriander seeds, half a star anise and 1/3 of a vanilla pod. Tie up with string and put in a pot with a bottle of reasonably good wine (if you wouldn't drink it cold, don't use it).
    Add a few slices of orange.
    Preferably steep this for a few hours.
    Heat very gently with a lid on.
    DO NOT BOIL or simmer (you'll boul all the alcohol off!).

Drop of Port or Brandy would do no harm either.

Above recipe is for one bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Mine is a very Christmassy recipe. Pour in a bottle of Merlot of Cabernet Sauvignon into a pot. Add a stick of cinnamon, a few whole nutmegs, a peel of the rind of an orange, and a few slices, the same with a lemon. Throw in a good few cloves and a generous drop of port, and a peeled knob of root ginger. Simmer below boiling point for ten minutes, and then sweeten to taste with brown sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sourgrapes

Another one too late, but here's my mulled wine recipe.

Advertisement