Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I save my contacts

• 24-12-2009 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

I got a nokia 6303 a few months ago and I'v tried several times to save my contacts to my computer but so far no luck. When I connect the phone to it I can read the contacts list on the monitor and save them to a back up file but I cannot read this file again unless I connect the phone again, which kind of defeats the purpose.:confused:
    Any help appriciated thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Are you using Nokia PC Suite? If that's the case it's a backup file it saves which will allow you to restore them to another phone down the line (assuming you're using the content copier).

Have a look at a service such as www.zyb.com - most people find it's one of the easiest ways to do things and keep it up to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Yes I am and thanks for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

You can also purchase a USB sim copier and copy the contents of your phone over to a blank sim and then on directly to your PC. I found this the best way particularly if transferring from one brand of phone to the other.

I have seen them from e10 up and come with software, you also don't need to be messing with data cables.

show?&id=31975

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

You can also purchase a USB sim copier and copy the contents of your phone over to a blank sim and then on directly to your PC. I found this the best way particularly if transferring from one brand of phone to the other.

I have seen them from e10 up and come with software, you also don't need to be messing with data cables.

show?&id=31975
    Did'nt know that such a thing was in it, where can I get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭p2kone

can you not setup an ovi account with that phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

p2kone wrote: »
    can you not setup an ovi account with that phone?

You can yes,

Op go to ovi.com, and it will store all you contacts, pictures etc whatever you want.

Also their is a way to view contacts on the pc after disconnecting the phone, just save them as another file rather than the using the backup function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

O.A.P wrote: »
    Did'nt know that such a thing was in it, where can I get one?

Carfone Warehouse do a good one for €13

Advertisement