Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iomega Screen play not reading WD pasport drive

• 24-12-2009 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Major panic stations here. Just setting up a Christmas present and having some problems.

It’s am Iomega Screenplay TV link adapter and a WD My Passport Essential HDD.

When the Screenplay turns on its not reading the HDD, its showing “No Device”.

Anyone any ideas on this one?

Much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Is there power going to the HD? Might be that the player can't power the HD by usb.

EDIT:
    This from the Iomega website:
    When connecting the USB device, make sure you are using a USB cable that meets industry specifications. Long USB cables might not provide adequate data or power transfer and are not recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

mordeith wrote: »
    Is there power going to the HD? Might be that the player can't power the HD by usb.

EDIT:
    This from the Iomega website:
    When connecting the USB device, make sure you are using a USB cable that meets industry specifications. Long USB cables might not provide adequate data or power transfer and are not recommended.

hello! Merry Christmas :-)

Turns out that on the HDD is a partition that is like a CD-ROM. Least that’s the way it shows up in My Computer > Disk Management.
    Tried to delete it but no joy. Only thing I could do was remove the drive letter it was assigned. Then it wouldn't show up in windows explorer, but it still wouldn't work on the video adapter. Was on the Iomega site as well and they say that the device you plug in to the adapter needs to be a clean partition ie. no SW installed. So unless I could make the HDD one clean partition, there’s not much I could do. Was on other forums and a lot of people are having the same issue with these new WD Passport Drives.

But all was not lost. Was talking to a mate l'nite and he got an unwanted 250GB Iomega HDD for Xmass. Yes an Iomega one!and it was one clean partition, no SW installed. So we did a straight swap and managed to get it l'nite and got it all loaded up with some vids. Its working a treat :-)

Advertisement