Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW Indicators :)

• 24-12-2009 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

bmw.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Oh man, they aren't broken, they're optional on all models across the range, didn't you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Its funny that people say this, its just one of those things that catch on. Someone in a Passat doesn't use his/her indicator and nothing gets said, some ejit in a BMW does the same and he/she is f****** BMW driver.

Underlying begrudgery methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Its funny that people say this, its just one of those things that catch on. Someone in a Passat doesn't use his/her indicator and nothing gets said, some ejit in a BMW does the same and he/she is f****** BMW driver.

Underlying begrudgery methinks.

Seeing as the majority of BMWs on the road are base level 3 series and 5 series I don't think there's much to begrudge..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

SV wrote: »
    Seeing as the majority of BMWs on the road are base level 3 series and 5 series I don't think there's much to begrudge..

Have you done some market research/surveys to find this out?

Either way, most people in Ireland wouldnt be motor enthusiasts, so wouldnt know the difference on the outside.

I agree with voodoomelon, its typically Irish. Same thing happens taxi drivers, bus men, cyclists, etc ect. I suppose the masses need something to stereotype and complain about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Oh I agree, theres nothing fancyful or unique about BMWs, but I reckon its stems from a time when they were a rare sights on the road and were indicative of wealth and success. It has begrudgery in its roots, why else would people say it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

The majority of all cars on the roads are base level models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Do not like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Ah, come on it's only a joke.....

:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Someone in a Passat doesn't use his/her indicator and nothing gets said, some ejit in a BMW does the same and he/she is f****** BMW driver.
    Thats because half the passats/golfs have indicators inset in the brake lights so they're ****ing impossible to see even if they're on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

I thought it was obvious. BMW drivers use their indicators all the time.The simple fact is that everyone who doesn't have a Beemer wants one so much that they're so in awe when they see a BMW, it's smooth lines and eye-popping beauty, that when they think about actually owning and driving this wonderful machine, they get so wrapped up in their thoughts that don't see the indicators working.

I mean, when the guy behind me blew his horn for 3 seconds today as I turned off the main road, it was obviously because he was letting me know that my car is fantastic and fair play to me for owning one. Makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

Tragedy wrote: »
    Thats because half the passats/golfs have indicators inset in the brake lights so they're ****ing impossible to see even if they're on.

Are you blind or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

pajo1981 wrote: »
    Are you blind or something?
    No, why?

You have this

coming on inside this
    Passat2006-3.jpg
    with the brakelight also usually on overpowering both.

How does that make me blind? It's a stupid design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Old post is old... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sticky Fingers

As a BMW driver, I get annoyed with people who give out us and our lack of use of indicators. I have two things to say.

1. I don't need them as I know where I'm going.

2. It's NONE of your business where I'm going anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I think this joke was first carved in stone tablets by moses. Biblically old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Eh, I drive a BMW - not a run of the mill poverty spec one too, and I found it incredibly funny. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I think this joke was first carved in stone tablets by moses. Biblically old.
    Me too, I think it's bedtime for this thread. Merry christmas to all.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement