Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letters Opened

Options
2»

Comments

She devil, I know that this is no help for previous post, but have you at least gone to An Post since this happened and paid the small fee to have them redirect your future post so that this can't happen again?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

She devil, I know that this is no help for previous post, but have you at least gone to An Post since this happened and paid the small fee to have them redirect your future post so that this can't happen again?

To be honest, We hadn't thought of it because we spent almost half a day ourselves on the phone giving everyone our new info, but to ensure the likes of this ever happening again, I will definitely be getting on to them. For peace of mind if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,606 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Do you still have the proof that she opened the mail in the first place? Did the proof even exist once you opened the mail yourself?

If you want to threaten someone with a solicitor, you will need this proof.

Anyway, I don't think you'll get the answer you want on this thread, as has been alluded to above, you'll have to pay someone to give you that answer.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i am always opening mail that is not addressed to me, if it comes in my letterbox i open it without even looking at the name and address on it.

you are completely overreacting, if anything it should be the hospital you are trying to sue rather then the "snotty girl".

i assume you have never worked in an office where the post gets delivered to your desk? i occasionally cover reception in my place, i get would 200 odd letters and just sit there with an envelope opener and open them all in one go likewise i am sure the "snotty girl" doesnt have the time or inclination to examine the name and address on each envelope before she opens it

if your bf is that sick, i would think you have more importants things on in your life

Advertisement