Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EXAMS.........Any good revision tips??

• 24-12-2009 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm in 1st year in Maynooth and just wanted to know if anyone had any good revision tips they wanted to share and/or exam technique??

Thanks a mil & Merry Christmas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Look over the exam papers for your course, in some subjects the same stuff always comes up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Do NOT leave it till the last minute. Start revising early and you'll be fine. Don't stress though. Most of the time, provided you've at least shown you understood something at the basic level, you'll do fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Try and blitzkrieg through all available notes in less than an hour to get a vague idea of everything that could come up on the exam.
    You need to get passed the 'Crap, OMG i'm gonna FAIL' phase asap. You might as well do it now :)

And don't leave it to the last minute. Your brain needs time to absorb information.

60% of what you write on the day will be a regurgitation of what you crammed the night before but you still need to lay a good knowledge foundation before you try cramming.

Good luck waster students :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Depends entirely on the subject. If you have been working throughout the year you should be ok, since you already understand most stuff, its just a matter of going over and over it so you remember it all.

If you haven't been working that hard and there's still stuff you don't understand... I don't know really.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

Go to aldi and buy 20 red thunder, 10 smoothies and a couple packages of porridge and pasta. coffee should be plentiful and biscuits are definately needed. unplug the tv. forget about booze. if you smoke get a carton. print off notes and exam papers. make a guess at what you think is coming up. study it while making your own notes. reread your notes. work fast. sleep is optional.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I prefer to go for the fresh salad and swim approach, alcohol and junk food can come after exams.

I hit the library from early morning, swim at 12, back to library and cram my brains out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yeh, important to exercise and eat as well as you can during the exams. Exercise is great for unwinding after a day of cramming. And make sure to set aside a few hours a day to crash out or do something to take your mind off exams. If you study constantly you risk getting a cold or flu or something and fecking it all up. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Why wasn't this thread started 3 years ago when things took a turn for the worst for me? :( Just under a fortnight left, loads a time for a First Year, honestly :)

Advertisement