Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

title odds (silly season)

• 24-12-2009 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭

Hamilton favourite 11/4

Alonso 7/2

Schumi 5/1

What has hamilton as favourite? should really be schumacher in the Merc, the old champoinship winner brawn! and with schumi at the wheel, bookies will be loosing alot of mooloah next season!

mine would be

Alonso

Schumacher/Hamilton

actually its a toss up with the three of them :D

Button n Massa 6/1 btw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'd lay Schumi at that price tbh. I love the guy and all but a 41 year old will not win the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Bookies' odds have very little if any link to what chances they think there are of something happening, it's all about keeping a percentage for themselves. Bookies never lose.

Alonso would be my favorite in case anyone is wondering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

It's impossible to predict but it's fun to try!

The first person the 2010 Drivers' Champ will have is their team-mate and realistically I think we're looking at the following four teams for next year's championship.

McLaren: I strongly believe Hamilton will beat Button
    Mercedes: Again, I'm pretty confident Schumi will have the beating of Rosberg
    Red Bull: Vettel is only going to get better and I think he'll beat Webber again
    Ferrari: Perhaps the most interesting intra-team battle; I'm predicting plenty of Latin fireworks but I think Alonso will shade it

That narrows it down to Hamilton, Schumacher, Vettel or Alonso for the title. Will the 2010 challenger from Mercedes (which is a formerly cash-strapped car Brawn were designing whilst focusing on the 2009 battle) be able to compete with the others? Will the less powerful but more economical Renault engine be a blessing or a curse in the no-refuelling era? Can Ferrari's old trick of throwing money at problems work in these new austere times?

The team I have the least "technical" queries about is McLaren. I really expect them to have a strong car from the start next season and the resources and skill to develop it as the season progresses.

Therefore I'm going to go with Hamilton until the first testing times are in. But my heart says Schumi!

It's impossible to predict but it's fun to try!

The first person the 2010 Drivers' Champ will have is their team-mate and realistically I think we're looking at the following four teams for next year's championship.

McLaren: I strongly believe Hamilton will beat Button
    Mercedes: Again, I'm pretty confident Schumi will have the beating of Rosberg
    Red Bull: Vettel is only going to get better and I think he'll beat Webber again
    Ferrari: Perhaps the most interesting intra-team battle; I'm predicting plenty of Latin fireworks but I think Alonso will shade it

That narrows it down to Hamilton, Schumacher, Vettel or Alonso for the title. Will the 2010 challenger from Mercedes (which is a formerly cash-strapped car Brawn were designing whilst focusing on the 2009 battle) be able to compete with the others? Will the less powerful but more economical Renault engine be a blessing or a curse in the no-refuelling era? Can Ferrari's old trick of throwing money at problems work in these new austere times?

The team I have the least "technical" queries about is McLaren. I really expect them to have a strong car from the start next season and the resources and skill to develop it as the season progresses.

Therefore I'm going to go with Hamilton until the first testing times are in. But my heart says Schumi!

Schumi will beat Rosberg if given long enough. I think it'll take him at least a few races to get up to speed and if he's lost too much ground by then I imagine Merc will be focussing on Rosberg.
    McLaren is a tough one to call. If the tyres are consistent on longer-runs then I'll give Button a good shout. I could see him losing a few tenths a lap but needing a set less in the race than Lewis. Overall I fancy Lewis unfortunately.
    I expect Alonso to easily and consistently beat Massa.
    I have a feeling Webber will surprised a lot of people this year. He got back driving still injured last year which people seem to be forgetting. With that in mind I can't call who'll dominate in Red Bull.

Overall I fancy Ferrari to be the top team in 2010. Even after real development on the car stopped they were still competitive for a few races just adding some things they'd learned over the season so I expect them to be brilliant this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

dsmythy wrote: »
    I'd lay Schumi at that price tbh. I love the guy and all but a 41 year old will not win the title.

Ive 100euro on saying a 41yr old will:)

Seriously doe Hamilton would prob be my favourite too at this point. Its hard to tell until testing start and we get an idea where each team is at. I hope mercedes are there or there abouts and id imagine they will be, then schumacher will take some beating. Id be surprised if anyone but schumacher or hamilton were world champ. I dont think ferrari will be too far off but i think it will be schumacher v hamilton. Having said that i could be competely wrong:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Massa at 9/1 on paddypower, ladbrokes and Boylesports. Pretty good considering he nearly won the thing in 08 and had an ok season till hungary this year.. Interestingly boylesports offer 50/1 on heidfeld even though he's no drive and little has been said in the way of him getting one.

Red Storm wrote: »
    Massa at 9/1 on paddypower, ladbrokes and Boylesports. Pretty good considering he nearly won the thing in 08 and had an ok season till hungary this year.. Interestingly boylesports offer 50/1 on heidfeld even though he's no drive and little has been said in the way of him getting one.

Alonso will run rings round Massa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

enzo7 wrote: »
    it will be schumacher v hamilton.

That would be my most biased championship race to watch possible :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Realistically:
    Hamilton to beat Button
    Schu to beat Rosberg
    Massa to beat Alonso (it's Massa's team, as Alonso will find out to his cost).
    Vettel to *just* beat Webber.

Hamilton, Vettel and Schu in a 3 - way for the title.

I would like:
    Button to beat Hamilton, to piss Hamilton off and teach him some more humility, and the long pause as the Button Haters try and come up with a new argument about how he shouldn't be in a car.
    Alonso to beat Massa because I don't get why the man is so disliked.
    Brawn to stick to his guns and refuse to cripple Schumacher's teammate, resulting in Schui storming off the scene.

Advertisement