Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broken TV

• 24-12-2009 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I know I should take it to a repair shop but too close to Christmas!
    Just wondering if anybody might be able to advise me what could be wrong with my TV. It's a 40 inch Samsung LCD (not sure of model) couple of years old.
    Basically when you plug it in, the standby light starts flashing as it always did when turning on except now it just keeps flashing and doesn't turn on at all.

Thanks for any help
    Kelso

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Power supply gone :(

have a look at adverts.ie for a big freebie CRT TV to keep you going till you get a chance to have it repaired

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

unplug TV from mains and press the on/off button a few times and then leaver for half an hour so the whole unit totally powers down and try again, not likely to work but nothing to loose

post model no. / search it on the web , may be a known problem with that model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Kelso

Thanks capt'n. Someone had said it might be the fuse in the plug but I thought once the TV was even trying to turn itself on it couldn't be that.

Guess I'll try bring it somewhere in the morning if anywhere open

Advertisement