Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to store veg

Options
  • 24-12-2009 9:28pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I have the veg and potatoes chopped for the dinner tomorrow. I have them currently in bowls and covered with cling film and pierced holes on the top. Will this keep them fresh until tomorrow? Thanks and Happy Christmas :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Someone posted recently that the best way to store prepared veg is in the fridge in sealed plastic bags with a tablespoon of water. That's what I've done with mine.
    I'm sure bowls covered with clingfilm would be the same, but I wouldn't pierce holes in it in case they dry out a bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Box of sandy soil in the back garden.

FACT!

Last months.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Seaneh wrote: »
    Box of sandy soil in the back garden.

FACT!

Last months.

Eh, I think the OP meant peeled veg.

PEELED!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

well in that case, bowl of water in the fridge.

SORRY!

p.s. where did the rest of your user name go?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Seaneh wrote: »
    well in that case, bowl of water in the fridge.

SORRY!

p.s. where did the rest of your user name go?

That's ok - I just hate the addition of 'FACT' after saying or writing something, like it somehow makes something "more true" (even though it may not have any truth) or will make an opinion a fact.
    It just bugs me (but lots of things do;) - I'm a grumpy fecker).

the beer revolution was too long to fit as a user name:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement