Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHRISTMAS SPIRIT?

Options
  • 24-12-2009 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Anyone else get the vibes from the shops the last few days ? How many shop assistants wished you a happy christmas ? You are there as a customer sometimes spending hundreds of euro and they cant be arsed to even say thanks !!
    Tis the season to be jolly , ho ho ho

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Every purchase I have made in the last week has been accompanied with "happy christmas", etc.

I really don't think you can speak for the thousands of shops in ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Most retail staff don't care too much how much or what you buy as most would just be on a basic wage.

Most retail staff would rather not be working in the mess that is Xmas shopping.

Why the hell should they wish the whole world a Happy Xmas all day long?

Personally I think shoppers are looking for too much. Just buy your stuff and leave and let the staff to themselves. I hate fake "happy Xmas" comments from staff. Just leave me alone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Anyone else get the vibes from the shops the last few days ? How many shop assistants wished you a happy christmas ? You are there as a customer sometimes spending hundreds of euro and they cant be arsed to even say thanks !!
    Tis the season to be jolly , ho ho ho
    Did you wish them a happy xmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

How is this a consumer issue? So someone didn't wish you a Happy Christmas big deal. Its hardly being rude to you. It is after all their choice. I had a lot of staff not wish me a Happy Christmas but I didn't complain I wished them one. But the majority of them were not rude to me and showed good manners so why complain about it. I worked retail for years and working over Christmas is not fun at all for staff. Each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

FFS it's a pretty tough and hectic time of year to be working in retail and most, if not all, staff I've dealt with in the past few weeks have been very good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I always used to wish people a Happy Christmas for the first few years when I worked part time.
    Not even a quarter of the people I wished Happy Christmas to used to even acknowledge it, not so much as a grunt.
    Last year, I just didn't bother.
    Thankfully I no longer work in retail - wouldn't go back into it for anything.

Advertisement