Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vrt questions

Options
  • 24-12-2009 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

got a iveco 35s11 van conversion went to local vrt office after having it weighed where they told me to go,unladen 3060 kg,vrt office inspected van and said i would have to take leisure battery out and have it re wighed under inspection so why did they send me in first place also is it a requirement to have side windows ,when i enquired i was told about fixed bed ,2ring hob sink interior height but nothing about windows now they have got me to fill out approriate form and said they will look into it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭niloc1951

ALL permanently fitted equipment should be allowed in the weight, eg, awnings, bike racks, sat dishes, roof air con, tow bars, etc. including leisure batteries (I had two in mine when weighed). What is not allowable are portable gas bottles as opposed to fixed gas tank, ware, cutlery, clothing, books, etc. etc. basically personal stuff which is not part of the motor caravans factory/converter/dealer fitted permanent equipment.
    I would take issue with your VRT office's ruling about the battery

Advertisement