Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much are louboutin knee boots in Brown Thomas

• 24-12-2009 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Hey
    you know the classic platform round toe ones how much are they and would they go down in the sale??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

I would imagine in the region of the 500 euro mark + I wouldn't say they'd be reduced by more than 10-15%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I read somewhere the ankle boots (the ones that Glenda Gilson NEVER takes off) were around €530 something reduced €330 something. So I'm guessing knee highs would be about €700-800.

Total guess though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Larianne wrote: »
    I read somewhere the ankle boots (the ones that Glenda Gilson NEVER takes off) were around €530 something reduced €330 something. So I'm guessing knee highs would be about €700-800.

Total guess though.
    Waste.Of.Money!! Crime to pay that much on a pair of boots that are probably as uncomfortable as a pair of Penneys best anyway. Totally baffles me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Waste.Of.Money!! Crime to pay that much on a pair of boots that are probably as uncomfortable as a pair of Penneys best anyway. Totally baffles me!!!

Some people like spending money on these things. If you can afford them and like them. why not. Some people like a little bit of luxury. But this isn't what the thread is about. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

well ive saved money and i think good boots would last if minded.any one here ever buy louboutin boots?

• Advertisement

well ive saved money and i think good boots would last if minded.

Do it.

oh i want too!!what ones do you think i should get

48254_fr_dl.jpg

These are €925 :eek:

WANT.

I'd like suede ones actually.....

925 ohhhh what would you get in a nice desiigner boot for 400 or 500 or is there any way to get them cheaper

I don't really know? I would want louboutins I think. They're just so fabby.

You might get them on sale?? Try Harvey nic's aswell.

• Advertisement

i love the platform knee boots

love the brown ones victoria beckham wears i love too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 shoeaholic

If it is these boots your looking for the price mentioned is correct. When I worked in the shoe rooms in BT's these Louboutins never went on sale as they were part of the 'Classics' line only the previous seasons shoes went on sale in Louboutins. However saying that this was 1yr ago and with the changing times they might be put on sale now however I would highly doubt it. Try looking on some UK sites for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Miskatonic

Just had a look at netaporter.com. The patent knee boots are reduced by 50%...from £1045 to £522

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/48584

Most sizes are sold out though...but it might be worth a look in Brown Thomas

Miskatonic wrote: »
    Just had a look at netaporter.com. The patent knee boots are reduced by 50%...from £1045 to £522

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/48584

Most sizes are sold out though...but it might be worth a look in Brown Thomas

Oh to have teeny tiny feet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Miskatonic

Oh to have teeny tiny feet :(

I know :mad: All that's left is a 2 and a half...does anyone actually have feet that small?!

I didn't even know I wanted them till I seen this thread!

Miskatonic wrote: »
    I know :mad: All that's left is a 2 and a half...does anyone actually have feet that small?!

I didn't even know I wanted them till I seen this thread!

My friends 7 year old has sizze 3 ugg boots :pac:

I knew I wanted them, but this thread made me realise how much, and also, how I'm never going to have them :(

noah45 wrote: »
    hi is it bable knee high platforms you are after?

yep think thats the name

Larianne wrote: »
    Some people like spending money on these things. If you can afford them and like them. why not. Some people like a little bit of luxury. But this isn't what the thread is about. ;)
    Yes the righteous 'thanks brigade' are on form anyway.

Yes the thread is about the cost of louboutin knee high boots in Brown Thomas, I said it would be a crime/waste of money/travesty to pay such exorbitant prices for something you wear a few times on your feet!

Am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Those boots are divine. If you've got the dosh go for it and enjoy them, lucky you:) n Going to the states in feb, might look them up. Anyone know what they are like around the calf? I find allot of boots are too big for me there. If only I had the same problem with the rest of my body :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

In your opinion they'd be a waste of money. You also say they are 'probably' uncomfortable and compare them to a pair of boots from Pennys. Clearly you don't know your designer footwear. While spending that kind of money on a pair of boots may not be your thing, it is for plenty of other people. I'm sure you have your own luxuries which other folk may not have any interest in.

Why begrudge someone their boots when it has no affect on you, afterall it's not coming out of your pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Penneys boots are terrible. They make the soles of my feet blister on the first wear.

In your opinion they'd be a waste of money. You also say they are 'probably' uncomfortable and compare them to a pair of boots from Pennys. Clearly you don't know your designer footwear. While spending that kind of money on a pair of boots may not be your thing, it is for plenty of other people. I'm sure you have your own luxuries which other folk may not have any interest in.

Why begrudge someone their boots when it has no affect on you, afterall it's not coming out of your pocket.
    Friend has Louboutin shoes. Paid an arm and a leg for them and I asked "are they comfortable?" thinking surely that something that costs so much MUST be at least better than the €20 crippling ones in Penneys, she said "No".

Magenta wrote: »
    Penneys boots are terrible. They make the soles of my feet blister on the first wear.
    Some penneys boots. Not all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Friend has Louboutin shoes. Paid an arm and a leg for them and I asked "are they comfortable?" thinking surely that something that costs so much MUST be at least better than the €20 crippling ones in Penneys, she said "No".

They are very high-heeled shoes, there's no way that they're going to be comfortable regardless of how much you spend on them. That's not the point.

The point is that well-made, gorgeous shoes are worth more. I love my shoes (as anyone here knows), with lots of Irregular Choice, Prada, Miu Miu, L.A.M.B. and other brands in my wardrobe. The one common thing between all my shoes? They are well-made with beautiful leathers and designs. That's what I pay the money for.

Incidentally, I'm not mad on Laboutin - but that's for personal reasons - I don't consider the shoes to be exceptionally well made - but that's a matter of choice.

noah45 wrote: »
    well my friend came home from states wearing the very boots and is sending me a pair, they are DIVINE. She paid about €550 when converted
    3a5995fb-6585-4351-9a81-08f7657ab188.jpgI could get her to send a 2nd pair?

really???pm me please

dudara wrote: »
    They are very high-heeled shoes, there's no way that they're going to be comfortable regardless of how much you spend on them. That's not the point.

The point is that well-made, gorgeous shoes are worth more. I love my shoes (as anyone here knows), with lots of Irregular Choice, Prada, Miu Miu, L.A.M.B. and other brands in my wardrobe. The one common thing between all my shoes? They are well-made with beautiful leathers and designs. That's what I pay the money for.

Incidentally, I'm not mad on Laboutin - but that's for personal reasons - I don't consider the shoes to be exceptionally well made - but that's a matter of choice.

hey dudara could you recommend any other brands of good boots in that style?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eireanbo

have a look at christianlouboutincom.com......have your credit cards ready ladies....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

eireanbo wrote: »
    have a look at christianlouboutincom.com......have your credit cards ready ladies....
    The shoes on that website are fake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

hey dudara could you recommend any other brands of good boots in that style?

irishvamp90, not really to be honest. I have heavy calves and generally can't buy boots in shops that fit. I've learned that it's best to avoid heartbreak and embarassment and simply not look at all the gorgeous designer boots.

I buy my boots online from Duo, they're very good quality and fit very well, but they really don't have a huge wow factor. Having said that, I did buy a pair in a red metallic patent leather last year, but usually their designs are tamer. Their sale is on now, and they usually reduce heavily, so I'd recommend checking them out (they cater for all sizes).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Am I missing something?

Well I suppose the fact that if she is happy to pay for it then what it is to do with you? The thread is about the actual cost and not whether or not that cost is too high...

OP - go for it. I have the Louboutin pumps for almost 4 years and they look brand new still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 L1984

I love Louboutins, although only have 2 pairs (all I can afford, and it broke the bank getting those!) so I'd say go for it. I do think they're more comfortable than most high street brands (inc Penneys etc) but they are generally quite high, so you'd have to take that into consideration.

More of an aside, really, but there's a huge amount of fakes out there, and most of the websites you find just by googling the word Louboutin are fake. Some of them are very realistic - a girl in work bought a pair from ioffer and I brought my real ones in as comparison, and they were so similar. The only noticeable difference was that hers weren't leather (although they did look it, to the untrained eye) and the red on the sole was very slightly different.

If you had your heart set on genuine ones then I'd be very wary of any sites, and go direct to BTs or Harvey Nichols, or try a site you know is reputable, like netaporter.

Is adverts.ie a apart of boards?cause i see someone selling louboutin boots but it looks dodgy
    http://adverts.ie/174907

Is adverts.ie a apart of boards?cause i see someone selling louboutin boots but it looks dodgy

I've just reported that add. Looks well dodgy.

Yep, tis part of Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

That screamed fake to me and one thing is for sure they are fake they have some cheek asking that money for them.

Also beware of ebay & donedeal there's a woman in Dublin posts on there and the boots are 100% fake!

• Advertisement

Id like a pair of red soled boots in the louboutin style if they were handy price but mad money for fakes!!

Id like a pair of red soled boots in the louboutin style if they were handy price but mad money for fakes!!

Zerep do the red soles ;)

That screamed fake to me and one thing is for sure they are fake they have some cheek asking that money for them.

Also beware of ebay & donedeal there's a woman in Dublin posts on there and the boots are 100% fake!

can you post links?

Zerep do the red soles ;)

please tell all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I've just reported that add. Looks well dodgy.

Yep, tis part of Boards.

Just to say, the seller posted in this thread, about getting boots from the US.. :D

• Advertisement

Amalgam wrote: »
    Just to say, the seller posted in this thread, about getting boots from the US.. :D

Errm yes about "a 2nd pair" from a friend in the US not a whole cargo load with every size in it!

Actually appears more like a cunning scam to seek buyers off here before advertising

can you post links?

Her ones off donedeal are gone and she pops them up on Ebay every so often that pair is gone so can't get a link, think they were sold sunday for well over €100, always in a size 6 claiming they are real too. But if you enlarge the pics you can see the poor quality of the box and the plasticiness of the shoes.

Her ones off donedeal are gone and she pops them up on Ebay every so often that pair is gone so can't get a link, think they were sold sunday for well over €100, always in a size 6 claiming they are real too. But if you enlarge the pics you can see the poor quality of the box and the plasticiness of the shoes.

post the ebay link so please

please tell all

A girl started in work a couple of months back and she was wearing "louboutins", we were all well jealous ha! Anyway turns out she got them in Zerep in town and they do a range with red soles. Worth a look!

I never copped the posters name. Yeh, I thought that was dodgy, considering her first post was "oh I'll get my friend to post you a pair of louboutins if you want" I just didn't want to say on thread, I assumed noone would take her up on her offer anyway!

A girl started in work a couple of months back and she was wearing "louboutins", we were all well jealous ha! Anyway turns out she got them in Zerep in town and they do a range with red soles. Worth a look!

I never copped the posters name. Yeh, I thought that was dodgy, considering her first post was "oh I'll get my friend to post you a pair of louboutins if you want" I just didn't want to say on thread, I assumed noone would take her up on her offer anyway!

Cool!!id like a pair in that style but id just tell people the truth

what were hers like?wheres zerep?

Ah yeh she told us out straight they were zerep but nice for other people to think they're the real deal eh!!

There's a zerep on liffey street in Dublin. Think there's one on Grafton St too.

Hers were shoes but I think they do boots too.

If you enlarge the pic, you can see the poor quality of the box and the tell tale signs of the lines on it.

The "leather on the boots" appears plastic

You can see the shape of the heel plate stickin out

Where the "leather" is stitched together you can see where its been heated and melted and smoothes out the same as you get on the fake hand bags

And you can see clumps of glue on the soles

etc etc along with all the other flaws, even ebayers with good ratings have to be obsereved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Zerep have shops on Liffey street and Grafton street in Dublin.

In terms of boots which looks similar to Louboutin but aren't and don't pretend to be you can't go wrong with Arollo Boots:

1195d1256978634t-i-love-my-arollo-designer-high-heels-pumps-arollo011.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement