Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia n97 transferring contacts from sim and wifi set up

• 24-12-2009 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

trying to set up wifes new phone but as usual its not simple

no option popped up to transfer sim contacts when started up i went to settings and set display contacts to sim card but still no joy anybody?

next problem is wifi put in my wep key and it says connected but everytime i get no gateway reply back

start to worry that o2 wap is going to drain away phone credit

how to do i set it up so only connects to internet using wifi?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Some phones have a 'switch' app which will tranfer all contacts from one phone to another in a few seconds. Check if it does. It can be called different names, but usual the icon is 2 green arrows on most nokias.

Are you sure the contacts are on the sim?

For the wifi settings, go to;

Menu > settings > connectivity > destinations > internet > then save your wlan connection their, and make it priority one.

If you dont want to connect to o2 at all, remove their data connection from there, so you want mistakenly connect to it, or it wont connect if wifi isnt available either.

Advertisement