Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glen Hansard, Bono, Mundy, Damien Rice Busking - Christmas Eve, Grafton St, 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

sugarman wrote: »
    Caught them myself there on Monday minus Bono, crowd was mental so i did'nt stay too long.

Wasn't the best spot was it? Too much noise there and the crowd wouldn't stop screaming.

Did Liam sing? I got there just as Glen was singing ..

Would have liked to see Liam sing Give It Up. You know that line ..

"Mary's in the alley she never stops smiling
    Always love to see her - means a lot to me
    But I know she has a hard time trying to
    Make ends meet.."

This refers to the lady who sits in the Alley that leads from Grafton St towards George's St arcade. She's more often than not there every dayfor nearly 25 years or more. Almost a landmark she is. She's always wheeling that little shopping cart around bless her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What a target! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Think of the aural masturbatory **** that could have been eliminated if someone had bombed the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Caught them on Monday aswell, normally wouldnt listen to any of the ****ers if you paid me but fair play to them for busking like that, it was a bit of craic, up with that sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Tossers all

• Advertisement

Tossers all

Have an Oscar yourself do ya?

That scene is how I imagine the welcoming gates to hell..

They raise money for he thomeless in Hell, yeah? :rolleyes:

Well, I couldn't care less about Damien, Bono or Mundy but I think Glen is a genius. The best singer songwriter this country has ever produced.

Merry Christmas lads.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    They raise money for he thomeless in Hell, yeah? :rolleyes:

Well, I couldn't care less about Damien, Bono or Mundy but I think Glen is a genius. The best singer songwriter this country has ever produced.

The truly great charity givers are those who do so without looking for the approval of the masses. Look at Bill Gates, he's given billions so far and we never see him crying on tv about how wrong it all is as he tries to flog his newest release.

Jesus, if Hansard is our countries best singer songwriter then we really have fallen. Hansard's dreary, pretentious, self indulgent muck is exactly whats wrong with music today. The Frames have one or two songs but his solo stuff and the majority of the Frames stuff could get a confession from a prisoner faster than water boarding.The fact that the real life Hansard is a prick doesn't help either.

t his solo stuff and the majority of the Frames stuff could get a confession from a prisoner faster than water boarding.

Laughable .. when you have as many turn up to see do stand-up as turn up at his gigs to hear him sing, then maybe, just maybe, you can make such a pathethic statement.

We get it, your too cool to like Glen. Well done.
    The fact that the real life Hansard is a prick doesn't help either.

He is the most humble, genuine guy you could ever meet in your life. He spent nearly two hours yesterday chatting and taking photos with anyone that came up to him.

Of all the pricks in this country, Glen Hansard most certainly is not one of them.

Have an Oscar yourself do ya?

Plenty of tossers have Oscars, winning one does not make you any more likable.

• Advertisement

Plenty of tossers have Oscars, winning one does not make you any more likable.

I never said it did :rolleyes:

I was refering to his talent. Have you got a specific thing that he has done that makes him a tosser Darko?? Or are you just jumping on the 'Glen is a tosser' bandwagon so everyone thinks your 'cool'.

Have you seen Glen preform live?

Laughable .. when you have as many turn up to see do stand-up as turn up at his gigs to hear him sing, then maybe, just maybe, you can make such a pathethic statement.

What are you on about? What your saying is that having loads of fans makes you good, well then that means that Jedward are better than the Frames and Hansard as they have more fans.
    We get it, your too cool to like Glen. Well done.

Again what this has to do with anything I don't know. I dislike Hansard as I find his music to be poor. The Once soundtrack sounds like a bag of cats squealing for the most part.
    He is the most humble, genuine guy you could ever meet in your life. He spent nearly two hours yesterday chatting and taking photos with anyone that came up to him.

Of all the pricks in this country, Glen Hansard most certainly is not one of them.

I've met and interviewed Hansard for an article years back and he was far from humble. He had a massive self inflated ego and was one of the biggest pricks I ever met. In fact of all the people I interviewed he was by far the most difficult.

I've met and interviewed Hansard for an article years back and he was far from humble. He had a massive self inflated ego and was one of the biggest pricks I ever met. In fact of all the people I interviewed he was by far the most difficult.

Maybe it was something to do with you as I have seen and heard almost every interview he has given since the mid 90's since I started going to Frames gigs and he has being anything but "difficult" in Interviews.

Of the close to one hundred interviews online can you find some where he is being diffucult??

Only, do it another time - as I it's Christmas Day and I don't want to waste any more time than I already have done.

You spend a lot of time Darko, on things you don't like. The best part of two months you spent on the Twilight thread telling everyone it was crap.

Find something you like, will ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

They sound sh1t and the crowd are so hateable.

Maybe it was something to do with you as I have seen and heard almost every interview he has given since the mid 90's since I started going to Frames gigs and he has being anything but "difficult" in Interviews.

I have my doubts it was anything to do with me as I interviewed dozens and dozens of other artists and never once had a problem or any difficulties. In fact people I was warned were difficult were far from it and in many cases after the interview I ended up having a few pints with the people I was interviewing.
    Of the close to one hundred interviews online can you find some where he is being diffucult??

Why would I want to read close to a 100 reviews with anyone, especially someone I dislike.
    Only, do it another time - as I it's Christmas Day and I don't want to waste any more time than I already have done.

You spend a lot of time Darko, on things you don't like. The best part of two months you spent on the Twilight thread telling everyone it was crap.

It was more like 4 days on the thread. I don't see this belief that you shouldn't spend time discussing stuff you dislike. It can be some of the most interesting discussion especially given the near religious fervor some people showcase when discussing stuff such as Twilight.

I suppose it is Christmas and Hansard deserves a break, hell even Gary Glitter gets one. I wonder if Gary Glitter had won an Oscar for songwriting would he be so vilified?

The-Rigger wrote: »
    They sound sh1t and the crowd are so hateable.

Lot of twats around roaring 'Bono, Bono' ..wish he'd stayed at home. He couldn't even remember the words to Stand By Me, let alone One :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

I don't know this forum well, but I do know we do not like to see allegations thrown around. This thread is temp closed till the day Mods get a look in and decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This thread is a minefield of mindless and unfounded allegations..

.. it's staying closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement