Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live Arcade-rumoured deals

• 25-12-2009 2:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭

no sticky thread for XBLA? mmmmm

anyway this is a rumoured list of special offers coming to us via the New Year Countdown feature on the dashboard

22th, LIVE Arcade Rez HD, 800 -> 400(ok this didnt work out)
    23th, LIVE Arcade MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2, 1200 -> 560(but this did)
    24th, LIVE Arcade, UNO Rush 800 -> 400(and this!)
    25th, LIVE Arcade, The Secret of Monkey Island 800 -> 400
    26th, LIVE Arcade, Magic:The Gathering 800 -> 400
    27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400
    28th, Guitar Hero 5 Rolling Stones Live Track Pack 720 -> 320
    29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560
    30th, LIVE Arcade, Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560
    31th, LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 1200 -> 400

link-http://www.game-pad.net/news/gaming-news/676-xbox-live-countdown-new-year-deals

personally I cant see Battlefield dropping 66% in price and rez didnt happen but as for rest, yea, sounds plausible. Ill have Monkey Island and Castle Crashers for 960 thank you very much!

Dont forget that Shadow Complex is down to 800M$ points as the deal of the week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Ill be getting Battlefield 1943 if its that cheap :P

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Monkey Island (never played it... stop looking at me like that), Castle Crashers (played the demo and loved it) and Braid (awesome awesome "puzzle" game) at those prices would tempt me to buy.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

nice one, I picked up Monkey Island for 400 points. i never played it before either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

That list has been spot on so far, new stuff seems to be added around 4pm each day. And the previous days removed so buyer be quick :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I can't find monkey island lolz

edit why the **** isn't it under T for the The?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Just got Monkey Island :D Off I go to play it! thanks OP/M$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Can these be bought over the internet to be downloaded at a later time? i'm away from my xbox till monday and will want the fallout dlc!

zero19 wrote: »
    Can these be bought over the internet to be downloaded at a later time? i'm away from my xbox till monday and will want the fallout dlc!

you might be able to purchase through xbox.com and d/l it then on your console the next chance you get. not sure though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Fallout 3 dlc all 400 points today as in original post, got me mothership zeta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Mothership Zeta still 400 points as of 5 mins ago.

• Advertisement

yea the deals dont change on the dashboard until the following afternoon. the fugitive was still the deal on the dashboard around lunchtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

God damn Fallout 3 DLC deal - just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Pfff, Braid is still 1200. Only one I was really interested in getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Same here...

rumored deals folks, not actual deals! in fairness, a fair few of them came true plus if the HD version of Into the Blue was 80 points, i'd defo get it even if i only have a 19" LG HD.

Whats "The Maw" like? ive heard good things but actually have no idea what its like. down to 400 MS points right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

picked up castle crasher for 560 nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

ANY idea if BF1943 is gona be cheap then tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I hope they put Trials HD on offer. I've put off getting it for so long and I know if I make the plunge a week later there'll be some money off. Come on they had a sale on Shadow Complex and that was released around the same time.

Gonna get Castle Crashers now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

rizzla wrote: »
    I hope they put Trials HD on offer. I've put off getting it for so long and I know if I make the plunge a week later there'll be some money off. Come on they had a sale on Shadow Complex and that was released around the same time.

Gonna get Castle Crashers now. :)

I know u wanna save a few quid but in all honesty, I'd have paid €40 for Trials... Its easily my most played game!! Its brilliant... The way games used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Are those 1 day only offers or from that date? I would really like to get Fallout 3 and Marvel VS. Capcom 2 if its that cheap.

• Advertisement

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Are those 1 day only offers or from that date? I would really like to get Fallout 3 and Marvel VS. Capcom 2 if its that cheap.

1 Day only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

zero19 wrote: »
    Fallout 3 dlc all 400 points today as in original post, got me mothership zeta

Zeta's the weakest one, I dunno how long this offer lasts, but get point lookout and/or broken steel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

So glad I got Castle crashers, Have yet to touch it as I'm still addicted to kingdom of keflings, but looking forward to digging into it.

dang, i think i need more points, will prob get the maw and castle crashers but only got 600 points spare. i reckon we could see BF1943 for 560 points tomorrow. yea, i think Trials HD is due a price cut but id say M$ will stay tough, id say its still selling well enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Hopefully Trials HD or Battlefeild 1943 will be reduced in price. Since Castle Crashers is 1200 and was reduced to 560 I can see this happening :
    EDIT: YES! Battlefield 1943 is on sale! :D When I click on it it gives me an error though :mad:

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    dang, i think i need more points, will prob get the maw and castle crashers but only got 600 points spare. i reckon we could see BF1943 for 560 points tomorrow. yea, i think Trials HD is due a price cut but id say M$ will stay tough, id say its still selling well enough.

I don't know about Trials HD. My thinking, with the new dlc pack out a reduction to the game will bring in a good few new people, increasing the fan base and people more likely to purchase the add on.

Probably saving it for Deal of the Week, fingers crossed anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

gutted, i paid 1200 for bf1943 last week

a kingdon for keflings is only 400 points now, wonder if its any good, i noticed slugs91 seems to be playing it a bit before this offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    a kingdon for keflings is only 400 points now, wonder if its any good, i noticed slugs91 seems to be playing it a bit before this offer.

This is a great game, you will get hundreds of hours play with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I picked up Castle Crashers on the offer. Haven't had a chance to play it yet mind. I'd been meaning to pick it up since enjoying the demo so getting it cheap is always a nice bonus,

Advertisement