Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 lads playing soccer ON the lough

Options
  • 25-12-2009 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭

Was passing the lough at about 11.30 last night on the way to midnight mass in UCC to amazingly see about 10 lads playing soccer in the middle of the lough....yes on the ice. Now while i see them as somewhat legends for having the balls to go out on it, i suppose it was quite stupid in a way but hey they were enjoying it :D Took some photos but none of them came out at all.

Maybe it might be the new destination for the 7-up on ice next year ;)

*Edit: Oh and Happy Christmas to ye all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

And if they fell in they would be sueing for no fences being up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Fairly silly alright considering how thin the ice is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Yes, did they not realise the danger in falling into a pond, 2-3 feet in depth?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Legends imo...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

People going out on ice is a very bad example to young children.

It can and sometimes does end in tragic circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Yes, did they not realise the danger in falling into a pond, 2-3 feet in depth?

Its much deeper in the middle, Could you imagine how cold it would be if you did fall in however!!!!

Hogzy wrote: »
    Its much deeper in the middle, Could you imagine how cold it would be if you did fall in however!!!!

Yeah, your balls would freeze right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

blinding wrote: »

Yeah I'm sure there were hundreds of kids wandering around the lough at half eleven last night.

Will you go away and gimme a break!

keane2097 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm sure there were hundreds of kids wandering around the lough at half eleven last night.

I know yeah. Christ, kids are wrapped in cotton wool these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Back in the day when the Lough was frozen offer, you would be lucky to get a spot on the ice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

keane2097 wrote: »

LOL well said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Saltour Sossiez

:D

Quite a risky thing to do. Can't say I'd try it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Pineapple_Boi

You are absolutely right. We should keep them inside at a constant 25 degrees and let them grow fat behind their Playstation 3 rather than allowing them to be exposed to the big bad outside world.

Then we should only allow them to be transported by fully qualified professional forklift drivers with armed guards in order to keep any potential paedophiles and terrorists at bay.

In fact even the slightest element of risk should be removed from everyone's life through legislation with children given the highest priority.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

less of the suing logic. HAPPY CHRIMBO!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

castie wrote: »
    less of the suing logic. HAPPY CHRIMBO!

Someone has watched that Vodafone ad a little too much i think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Someone has watched that Vodafone ad a little too much i think :D

Arrghhh!!! I want to kill him and his "Whadya want for Chrimbo babe?" Sorry to be off-topic.

Now, back on topic:

As someone already said, what are the chances of kids hanging around the Lough at half eleven on Christmas Eve. And secondly, why should it be of any concern to those lads if they're giving bad example to someone else's kids?!?!?! Sure if that's the case, there shouldn't be anymore jaywalking down Pana for fear of other people's kids walking out in front of a bus. :mad:

Not their kids - not their problem.

They are legends though!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

After I left the Club in Cobh the other night actually allot of people were sliding down the pavements on chests and arses with the frost and ice.twas hilariouse.

Advertisement