Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Christmas Freeze Discussion

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Graces7 wrote: »
    Hope you have been there to shovel snow and get their driveway free?

That would be such a help to them...;)

no they have children living with them like 30 etc...... and my grandfather wouldve dug it up because he works on the farm etc hes very active for his age... another cold spell seems to be coming on tuesday hurray!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Can't imagine what its like in Blue Stacks and Donegal in general.
    While I had freezing early on last night it was 4-5C all night and now 6C with some sunshine, yet the frequesnt light rain showers are freezing on parts of my yard in the sunshine!!
    I'm lowland wicklow a mile from the coast.

what is making conditions today so warm anyway compared to last week and tomorrow??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Coolmaster

Yeh, wish we would get more snow I miss it ! Hope everyone else is having a great christmas :D

Coolmaster wrote: »
    Yeh, wish we would get more snow I miss it ! Hope everyone else is having a great christmas :D

yes according to the meto its 4.4c in the village about 8 miles down the road a bit to high for my liking everytime i drive through there its at least 1 or 2c lower than they say maybe its in the sun!:mad: ill die if it rises above 5c cuz then well be 4c!!!! aggggggggg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I think the word is.. interesting.

However; nothing, but nothing, stops these mountain men getting to mass....

( There are only a few houses higher up; I think 6)

In convoy they were.. And of course, wee car ( Susuki WagonR Plus) was sitting there in the middle of the one track lane.

Even they could not get it back to the house, but it is off the road now. On the drive of the barn here.

I am a good driver in bad conditions, but the wee car just would not take it.
    The lane is like glass now. Walking was... interesting indeed

They have promised to try again on their way back from mass and try again. I told them I need gas and coal, but their minds were on higher things!

It is thawing; heaven help us when it freezes again tonight up here.

Could be a long time before I can get down.

But I found the missing camera cable in the car. :)
    You win some; you lose some.

Will ask Santa for a 4 wheel drive next time:)

Some beautiful shots
    Mothman wrote: »
    Can't imagine what its like in Blue Stacks and Donegal in general.
    While I had freezing early on last night it was 4-5C all night and now 6C with some sunshine, yet the frequesnt light rain showers are freezing on parts of my yard in the sunshine!!
    I'm lowland wicklow a mile from the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Graces7 wrote: »
    I think the word is.. interesting.

However; nothing, but nothing, stops these mountain men getting to mass....

( There are only a few houses higher up; I think 6)

In convoy they were.. And of course, wee car ( Susuki WagonR Plus) was sitting there in the middle of the one track lane.

Even they could not get it back to the house, but it is off the road now. On the drive of the barn here.

I am a good driver in bad conditions, but the wee car just would not take it.
    The lane is like glass now. Walking was... interesting indeed

They have promised to try again on their way back from mass and try again. I told them I need gas and coal, but their minds were on higher things!

It is thawing; heaven help us when it freezes again tonight up here.

Could be a long time before I can get down.

But I found the missing camera cable in the car. :)
    You win some; you lose some.

Will ask Santa for a 4 wheel drive next time:)

Some beautiful shots

It is beautiful.

Anyway, wasn't on the last 2 days. Got the White Christmas with a half inch falling on Christmas and about that again on Stephens' Day morning.

Countryside is beautiful and we had rain last night and a small thaw.Roads are treacherous now.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement