Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

network lock, anyone help

• 25-12-2009 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Merry Christmas, made a big mistake i bought a phone (samsung j700)on the internet for my daughter, just unrapped it , put the sim in and would you believe it, error network lock keeps coming up. I am an idiot i should have checked it weeks ago when i got it. Can anyone tell me if i can get the unlock code anywhere or will i have to wait till next week and bring it into a shop.
    Cheers everyone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

€20 in a shop is all it would cost you. You may end up fooking the phones imei if you try to do it yourself online.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pilslager

Thanks lads for the replies, i spent the afternoon surfing the internet yesterday (stephen's day) with no luck, loads of sites claiming they would unlock it, two or three day waiting and twenty,thirty,forty pound sterling to do it. Last night when i was ready to give up i tried ebay, emailed this chap weunlockphones@googlemail.com , he gave me a few instructions and i payed £11.99 and within an hour i had the code and the phone is now unlocked. I am happy, most of all my daughter is over the moon, i had to try explain why santa left a phone that didnt work. all is well

pilslager wrote: »
    Thanks lads for the replies, i spent the afternoon surfing the internet yesterday (stephen's day) with no luck, loads of sites claiming they would unlock it, two or three day waiting and twenty,thirty,forty pound sterling to do it. Last night when i was ready to give up i tried ebay, emailed this chap weunlockphones@googlemail.com , he gave me a few instructions and i payed £11.99 and within an hour i had the code and the phone is now unlocked. I am happy, most of all my daughter is over the moon, i had to try explain why santa left a phone that didnt work. all is well

Can you type *#06# into the phone please. Should see a 15 digit number. It should not be all zeros

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pilslager

Yeah Davy, its the original imei number,no zeros. My heart sunk there for a minute when i read your last post. It should be ok now shouldnt it.

• Advertisement

pilslager wrote: »
    Yeah Davy, its the original imei number,no zeros. My heart sunk there for a minute when i read your last post. It should be ok now shouldnt it.

Your ok then. Its very easy to zero it, glad for you that it didnt go to zero.

Advertisement