Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pissed off on Christmas morning with GAME

Options
  • 25-12-2009 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭

No it isnt that the game I got isnt working.
    Its that when my sister handed me her christmas present for me(the first resistance on the ps3,my other sister got me the other),I firstly noticed that the plastic that was all around the game was not there but instead had a GAME seal just over the opening of the case.
    I open the case and alas,no game or booklet inside. F**cking annoyed to be honest.
    What are my chances of getting the actual game now? I take it when I say this to them in the shop it will be a case of 'me making it up' or 'my word agaisnt theres'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

thats bollix.

but ha ha so funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

After hours isnt here pal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

who reads the manuals anyhow?

I'd say yer sis bought you a pre owed one...

jameshayes wrote: »
    who reads the manuals anyhow?

I'd say yer sis bought you a pre owed one...

I wouldnt mind the manual,but would like the game.
    I thought the same,either way,a game should come with it I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

greetings wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind the manual,but would like the game.
    I thought the same,either way,a game should come with it I think

:o:o misread the post, sorry dude... better luck next year

• Advertisement

Haha,I thought maybe you had:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Unlucky dude, I'm sure the shop will help you out. Their stock levels will be messed up from the mistake so it should be easily fixable!

Unlucky dude, I'm sure the shop will help you out. Their stock levels will be messed up from the mistake so it should be easily fixable!

Hopefully,never thought of that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

zapp is on the money, they only need to check the stock which wouldnt be hard

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yeah you should be fine. Just sucks your without a game on Christmas though :(

EDIT: I've a copy of it that I can give you, if the shop won't help you out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Funny, because my brother got a game that has a sticker on the box saying "This box is empty." Open it up and there's the disc and booklet.

Yeah you should be fine. Just sucks your without a game on Christmas though :(

EDIT: I've a copy of it that I can give you, if the shop won't help you out.
    Appreciated zapp,should be fine though:)

Numina wrote: »
    Funny, because my brother got a game that has a sticker on the box saying "This box is empty." Open it up and there's the disc and booklet.
    Hmm I can see where mine is so:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

No it isnt that the game I got isnt working.
    Its that when my sister handed me her christmas present for me(the first resistance on the ps3,my other sister got me the other),I firstly noticed that the plastic that was all around the game was not there but instead had a GAME seal just over the opening of the case.
    I open the case and alas,no game or booklet inside. F**cking annoyed to be honest.
    What are my chances of getting the actual game now? I take it when I say this to them in the shop it will be a case of 'me making it up' or 'my word agaisnt theres'

I completed resistance 2. I don't think the game save is locked, if you want it, I can give it to you....if not, no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Same thing happened to me today with HMV no game in box!

sarumite wrote: »
    I completed resistance 2. I don't think the game save is locked, if you want it, I can give it to you....if not, no worries.

My other sister got me that one,thanks anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Stock levels aside there's always the receipt which was hopefully kept?

And yes, it sounds like your sister was sold a pre-owned game.

Receipt was kept but they could just turn around and say the game was in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

The preowned games in GAME have a preowned sticker over the original barcode on the back of the games box. They also have the same sticker with the same code on the disc when they put it away. This way they can match the disc to the box when someone buys the game.

If the Preowned sticker is still on the back of your box they can match it up to the disc if they still have it stored away so there should be no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Receipt was kept but they could just turn around and say the game was in it
    and you would ask to speak to a manager, then a district manager, regional manager, GAME customer service hotline, etc. etc. until finally they realize they should just get you your ****ing game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Are they still doing this? Stopped buying new from GAME long ago, that disc out of the box ****e is unacceptable. Never mind the mistake, handing over 50+ for a game, you should demand a sealed shrink wrapped copy without fingerprints and dust and sleeve scratches all over it.

efla wrote: »
    Are they still doing this? Stopped buying new from GAME long ago, that disc out of the box ****e is unacceptable. Never mind the mistake, handing over 50+ for a game, you should demand a sealed shrink wrapped copy without fingerprints and dust and sleeve scratches all over it.
    i do this especially nowadays with CD-keys and etc.

Insisted on a sealed copy of WoW for instance. Gamestop was alright about it.

Overheal wrote: »
    i do this especially nowadays with CD-keys and etc.

Insisted on a sealed copy of WoW for instance. Gamestop was alright about it.

You're right too, no need for it

efla wrote: »
    You're right too, no need for it
    Well yes and no. you still need boxes on the shelf for browsing. yet you have to deter shoplifters. Walmart does the Behind-Locked-Glass setup and has done since the beginning of time but it doesnt really let you check out the back or read the features or anything.

It all just boils down to GAME needs to find a better system. If theyre letting boxes out the door with no games in them, something is wrong. I havent had the problem in Gamestops, Play N trades or even mom and pop game shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah it's not necessarily a second hand game, they take out the disc and maunal, shrinkwrap them and keep them in storage and put the empty box on the shelf.

They do get dummy sleeves (with no barcode) and put them out too, but thats generally for advertising games coming soon..... Smyths,gamestop and hmv all use the same system so it's just not game that uses this method.

CC

Overheal wrote: »
    Well yes and no. you still need boxes on the shelf for browsing. yet you have to deter shoplifters. Walmart does the Behind-Locked-Glass setup and has done since the beginning of time but it doesnt really let you check out the back or read the features or anything.

It all just boils down to GAME needs to find a better system. If theyre letting boxes out the door with no games in them, something is wrong. I havent had the problem in Gamestops, Play N trades or even mom and pop game shops.

A row of blank cases usually does it - putting out a few spares, placing them back as people bring them to the till to buy - keeping the sealed copies behind the counter. I know I sound like a twat, but it annoys the f**k out of me.

Hope you get sorted OP, I cant imagine them refusing.

Advertisement