Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Footpaths

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

chilly wrote: »
    Nightmare scenario!

Where did that happen?

I know I shouldn't laugh but eff me that was funny!!!!

A mate of mine said it was like that on xmas afternoon on her estate in Doughiska, bless her, she said her car was skidding all over the place and in the end she had to abandon it by the side of the road!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I would love to see the video of what happened around the corner and down the hill.I can't help wondering exactly what became of that car 10 seconds later. :)
    Was it carnage after it ploughed into someone or did it come safely to a halt with the owner having to make a walk of shame down the hill to retrieve it?

What are you supposed to do if you are skidding like that and cannot steer at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Muzzy

xmas afternoon on her estate in Doughiska, bless her, she said her car was skidding all over the place and in the end she had to abandon it by the side of the road!!

Was at home, my car was parked a little too far from the path than I would have wanted, standing on the road where it wasn't frozen, I actually chanced my arm and pushed the parked car into position.

Felt like the incredible hulk, pushing a parked car out of the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

chilly wrote: »
    I would love to see the video of what happened around the corner and down the hill.I can't help wondering exactly what became of that car 10 seconds later. :)
    Was it carnage after it ploughed into someone or did it come safely to a halt with the owner having to make a walk of shame down the hill to retrieve it?

What are you supposed to do if you are skidding like that and cannot steer at all.

If you go on to the actual youtube page that the video is on there is a full explanation of what happened and why they were filming in the first place.

In a situation like that, the first thing you do is stop braking. If the wheels are moving you might have some chance of directing the car to a safer path.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Just home after attempting to go for a run in Knocknacarra, DON'T!!! The paths are very slippy this evening. As they used to say in Hill Street Blues, "Just be careful out there!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Only for the fact I had eaten so much at Tamarind, as to weigh me down like a lead balloon, I would have come a cropper on Wolfe Tone Bridge an hour ago. :P
    Be careful, a lot of it is black ice. Particularly watch metal bits on the road like manhole lids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Took the dog for a walk this morning, he could barely stand up right. side roads off the Headford Road seem bad

Join Ireland Weather Network

Advertisement