Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox disc tray problem

• 25-12-2009 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi. My kid got an xbox from santa and the disc tray won't open. Theres nothing in it, i've checked by manually opening it. The tv screen says open disc/close disc but the xbox physically isn't responding. Anyone got any solutions as he's really disappointed and the shop won't be open until sunday. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

mamacita wrote: »
    Hi. My kid got an xbox from santa and the disc tray won't open. Theres nothing in it, i've checked by manually opening it. The tv screen says open disc/close disc but the xbox physically isn't responding. Anyone got any solutions as he's really disappointed and the shop won't be open until sunday. Thanks.

Unfortunately I think any solution would probably involve opening the unit and voiding the warranty so I think that waiting until Sunday would be the best bet I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Is there not a pinhole to push open the tray manually eith a pin like on pc disk trays?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Tom1991

http://screwattack.com/videos/How-to-with-Chad-360-Stuck-Disc-Tray-Repair
    tht seems to work havent tried it though may be worth a shot.the tapping part not the removing the band as its brand new

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

mamacita wrote: »

You could try this

Or

Not that I condone such an action (unless it's a Christmas emergency)

Advertisement