Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Termights Cecil St.

Options
  • 25-12-2009 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

whats going on with termights on Cecil st. i see some construction work has started there? also any word on the high stool whats happening with it, i miss that place!!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

DESQ wrote: »
    whats going on with termights on Cecil st. i see some construction work has started there? also any word on the high stool whats happening with it, i miss that place!!

Termights is being turned into a youth hostel. I'll try to find a link to the article about it.

No idea what's happening with the High Stool though.

edit:
    link to Limerick Leader article about conversion of Globe into a hostel

http://www.limerickleader.ie/city/Council-to-decide-next-week.5532235.jp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

I think that was the orginal idea but the owner is going to make it into a hostel he can rent to the goverment so it will be wet house/housing for junkies/or bogus aslyum seekers that thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

is there termights nights starting back up somewhere? i got a message from them on facebook saying happy christmas bla bla bla

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Paulegend wrote: »
    is there termights nights starting back up somewhere? i got a message from them on facebook saying happy christmas bla bla bla

Dolans I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

cheers ill check it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

termight night in dolans tomorrow night and then monthly in new year apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

So you'll have Termights and that old hotel beside it, both it turned into homeless shelters. Sign of the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hanratty's hotel has been used as a hostel for asylm seekers a few years now. The Sarsfield Hotel (overhead the old Pier One Bar) is now one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

bazz26 wrote: »
    Hanratty's hotel has been used as a hostel for asylm seekers a few years now. The Sarsfield Hotel (overhead the old Pier One Bar) is now one too.

No you're wrong on that i'm afraid, it hasn't, it was only opened as an asylum hostel in the last year, when the residents of clyde house in Alphonsus st. moved down there, and the residents of the wet hostel in John's square moved up to Alphonsus st. before that it was closed and under renovation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭DESQ

Thanks for the replies!!

• Advertisement

So,anyone been to Termights since the move to Dolans?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Termights in Dolans is only gaining momentum now - What's good about it is that you can go see a live Band (least the night I was there) and then Tom Fitz takes over and plays his great alt. tunes...... Sink 10 pints and you'll go home in a drunken haze panicking over your Leaving Cert....... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Raiser wrote: »
    Termights in Dolans is only gaining momentum now - What's good about it is that you can go see a live Band (least the night I was there) and then Tom Fitz takes over and plays his great alt. tunes...... Sink 10 pints and you'll go home in a drunken haze panicking over your Leaving Cert....... :D

The fact that I used to do that is the reason I did panic over my leaving cert in the first place!

The fact that that was over a decade ago now is what makes my cry!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

The fact that I used to do that is the reason I did panic over my leaving cert in the first place!

The fact that that was over a decade ago now is what makes my cry!:(
    I wonder how many of us on here actually KNOW each other from those days! same story here.
    The xmas reunion was a great laugh to see all the old faces, I missed the Jan one as I was away, but hopefully it'll catch on, its a nice alternative for a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Pfft...full of people I don't want to see again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Well I used to pretty much live in there, so I'm sure I'd know most of ye to see.

Haven't been to the "new" new Termites yet.

Might take a look this month.
    When's it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭uncanny

Who remembers Termites in Cruises Hotel?

Well I used to pretty much live in there, so I'm sure I'd know most of ye to see.

Haven't been to the "new" new Termites yet.

Might take a look this month.
    When's it on?

20th of this month,got an invite from Bob on Facebook

Advertisement