Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N95 8GB Replacement

• 25-12-2009 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

I love my N95 but the battery life kills me. I'm going back packing in a few months so it will need to be replaced as it dies every night unless I keep it plugged in. I'm on my 3rd (official) battery with this phone after 18 months ownership whichi is a tad annoying to say the least.

So I'm looking for:
    • WiFi
    • At least a 3MP camera
    • Good battery life

I don't need it for much else. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

m83 wrote: »
    I love my N95 but the battery life kills me. I'm going back packing in a few months so it will need to be replaced as it dies every night unless I keep it plugged in. I'm on my 3rd (official) battery with this phone after 18 months ownership whichi is a tad annoying to say the least.

So I'm looking for:
    • WiFi
    • At least a 3MP camera
    • Good battery life
    I don't need it for much else. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I've the same phone and I can get 2 days easily out of the battery and thats with a hell of alot of use. Have had it 2 years and never had a second battery.

The E71 would be your best friend I'd say, or if you wanted a few more gadgets...the E72 which has a built in torch(handy for backpacking)!

The battery life on the E71 is savage to say the least. its got a 3.2 MP camera and full qwerty keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seithon

I'm planning to upgrade from a E71 to a sony Taito come the summer :) Has everything that the E71 has and more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

have the n95 8gig meself but got the n97 a few days ago. Battery seems to be a lot better. Overall its just a class phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Thanks guys. I dropped the phone in the sink last year and to my surprise it didn't kill her off - but that could be why I'm having battery issues.

E71 and E72 look great, the torch would be really handy indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

I have a 5800, battery life can be a bit crap, probably my own fault due to over use videos and bluetooth stereo headphons simaltaneously, theres a great torch app on the ovi store, really bright. GPS is good too.

I've gotten rake loads of spare batteries off ebay dead cheap. I always carry a spare with me and I've got a desktop charger thing in the post. Plus the 58 is pretty cheap at the moment by smart phone standards about 200-250 in the Carphone Warehouse for o2 or vodafone, and meteor stores carry it for 250. plus if you trade in your n95 in carphone they'll give you 100 off your new phone. not great but better than nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Feck it....just get a N900 for yourself along with 3 spare batteries and you'll have everything you need....apart from the torch :D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I went from N95 8Gig to Sony Ericcson W995 and don't look back one bit. SE kills N95 on media player, menu battery life, sound quality (Included micro sound docking ststion) and size.

Advertisement