Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missing Memory

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

What do you mean what happened? You been following this, haven't you??:rolleyes:

Have you not being paying attention?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Lost track of this thread.Delighted you went the full distance(well nearly!)>Hope your man gets his come uppance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,244 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

cardol wrote: »
    What do you mean what happened? You been following this, haven't you??:rolleyes:

Have you not being paying attention?:D
    well you got the sherriff did he pay did he get busted did he lose the business whata happeneda!?

Oh I don't know yet. If had to give €15 to the District Court for them to get the Sheriff involved and they said they would let me know the outcome. That was last week. Then they said the hardest part is getting the money from PCGuy, that people like him know the system and even though the Sheriff can threaten to seize his assets, I can't see that happening for something under €300.

So it may end up going to the District Court, which means I'll have to get a solicitor and PCGuy might then be ordered by the Courts to reimburse me, including paying my legal fees. Then again, I just don't know anymore. He is so unconcerned about all this, perhaps he thinks I'll lose.

His only problem with all of this is the blogs I have set up naming him.

Well its not slanderous as far as amateur-me can see (not that im a lawyer).

And as far as blogging goes, theres a case in California right now which may see online blogging getting the same legal protections as Journalism. http://techcrunch.com/2010/04/26/iphone-leak-investigation-on-hold-as-da-ponders-gizmodo-shield-law-defense/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Techcrunch+%28TechCrunch%29 obviously probably not applicable to IE unless you wanted to migrate your blog.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Overheal wrote: »
    Well its not slanderous as far as amateur-me can see (not that im a lawyer).

And as far as blogging goes, theres a case in California right now which may see online blogging getting the same legal protections as Journalism. http://techcrunch.com/2010/04/26/iphone-leak-investigation-on-hold-as-da-ponders-gizmodo-shield-law-defense/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Techcrunch+%28TechCrunch%29 obviously probably not applicable to IE unless you wanted to migrate your blog.

Moving your blogs hosting to America won't do anything. In Ireland the libel laws are based on where it's viewed not where it's hosted so you will gain no legal protection by moving it to american hosting.

And im sure he's reading this thread..the litlle w@nker.He's probably hoping you will lose your bottle at this stage cardol..so dont!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

this pc guy person is hoping you do give up cardol i would say he is monitoring this site carefully hoping you just get fedup with it all. so don't give up until this rotton apple has reimbursed you fully. it always takes a long time to deal with these issues but once this whole problem is dealt with you will feel great in yourself for going the full hog on it. you will get what you are entitled to in the end. so i hope you finish this guy off soon. best of luck and just relax and let things take their course it shouldn't take too much longer.

Moving your blogs hosting to America won't do anything. In Ireland the libel laws are based on where it's viewed not where it's hosted so you will gain no legal protection by moving it to american hosting.
    Well what would they do to me? Cant touch this :cool:

Thanks guys and I have every intention of sticking with this no matter how fed up I feel sometimes.
    In it to win it!:)

• Advertisement

Thanks guys and I have every intention of sticking with this no matter how fed up I feel sometimes.

fair play. that's good positive thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Server1

Well done dont let this pcguy get you down you are well within your rights to sue him,for the record this pcguy in clonmel is no computer technician and i know that from old he is a ganster and should be run out of town. god knows how many more people went to him and he probably raped their pc as well.

Thanks Zenno and Server1, appreciate all the positive vibes!:)

PCGuy has had to admit defeat!!!!!
    The Sheriff has been in negotiations with him, and he has agreed to reimburse me for wiping my hard drive and also for all the unneccessary costs he inflicted on me. But I don't think he used those words exactly! Amazingly, for a "business man", he is paying off €271.59 in weekly instalments of €20.00. Business is clearly booming! I'm just relieved it is all finally over and I can now put this nasty experience behind me.
    I feel a celebration coming on...!!!:)

http://sapphirerubycoral.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-computer-misery.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Well done. Fair play to you for hanging in there. It paid off.

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Well done. Fair play to you for hanging in there. It paid off.

It sure did! Don't know why he couldn't have done this at the beginning and saved himself a lot of bad publicity!:rolleyes:

if only you had lost a thesis - easily worth a couple grand in lost data :cool:

But glad it seems to have worked out. Shocked that business is slow for this guy! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Glad to see you got it sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

PCGuy has had to admit defeat!!!!!
    The Sheriff has been in negotiations with him, and he has agreed to reimburse me for wiping my hard drive and also for all the unneccessary costs he inflicted on me. But I don't think he used those words exactly! Amazingly, for a "business man", he is paying off €271.59 in weekly instalments of €20.00. Business is clearly booming! I'm just relieved it is all finally over and I can now put this nasty experience behind me.
    I feel a celebration coming on...!!!:)

http://sapphirerubycoral.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-computer-misery.html

That's brilliant news cardol! Fairplay for seeing it through!! :)

well done. glad to hear you got sorted.

• Advertisement

On a final note...I brought my PC into another repair shop today and understandably I was very nervous but they did a brilliant job and were friendly, informative and helpful. I'll def go back.:)
    Not sure if I'm allowed to mention them here, but they are Istigh, Bridge Street, Clonmel! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

at least you didn't have to bring them to court, that's a plus in my book ;)

congrats on keeping with it. glad you won :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Nice to hear that you got some kind of recompense for your mistreatment.

Cheers Bonzodog2 & Whiteman19!

So far I received two €80.00 cheques from the County Sheriff's office for June and July. But today, I received a cheque for €40.00 from them. I rang to find out why it was only €40.00 and they said they had been unable to get in touch with PCGuy as he had appeared to have "gone away". They said they will chase him up and try to get the final payment owed to me.
    Clearly, PCGuy is still as dishonest as ever.

http://sapphirerubycoral.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

He some chancer. Why doesn't he just do things properly and stop this hassle for everyone.

So far I received two €80.00 cheques from the County Sheriff's office for June and July. But today, I received a cheque for €40.00 from them. I rang to find out why it was only €40.00 and they said they had been unable to get in touch with PCGuy as he had appeared to have "gone away". They said they will chase him up and try to get the final payment owed to me.
    Clearly, PCGuy is still as dishonest as ever.

He's wound-up his shop though?

I'm not normally for putting someone out of work but theres honest business and That.

He's wound-up his shop though?

I'm not normally for putting someone out of work but theres honest business and That.

Not sure about that Overheal, I haven't past his shop in a few weeks, so no idea what the story is.

I have just found out today that PCGuy has skipped town. From what I can gather, he has gone up to Drogheda, but I can't personally verify that. He hasn't paid me the full amount he was ordered to, and I will be letting the County Sheriff know about this latest development first thing Monday morning. Luckily, I have a phone number for him, which I will also forward to the Courts.
    This is just typical of the kind of low-life that he is.:mad:

• Advertisement

AGS has a police report don't they? My memory on this is fuzzy. They'd be able to find out where he goes, if he tries to setup elsewhere. He may have only just closed his doors and still be living locally.

No I don't think there's any actual police report as the police didn't want to get involved. They claimed it was a matter for the courts.

well now he's violating a court order, from the sound of it.

PCGuy has been chased by the Sheriff's Office and has paid me the remaining amount he owed me!!!:D I hope I never have anything to do with him again, and I will make sure as many people as possible know what a lying, fraudulent, dishonest "businessman" he is! Should anyone in Clonmel ask........:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

about time justice was brought on him.

glad you got it sorted cardol!

p.s i replied to your pm just noticed it there! :p

PCGuy is in Drogheda, having skiped town here in Clonmel.

In the last week or so, someone I know went to collect her PC and discovered he was gone. She then went to the Gardai who told her she was the 10th person in that day reporting their computer missing.

The Gardai contacted the landlord of PCGuy's business premises, who turned up with a key and they went inside to retrieve the computers. PCGuy had said all the computers were still in the premises and would be handed back to the customers when he got back to town. However, all were gone!!!

PCGuy was evicted from the premises for not paying his rent, and he blamed a young apprentice working for him, saying this young guy had stolen €5000 from the business account when he was tasked with paying the rent with the money.

• Advertisement

Christ I thought this was over ages ago and then saw this thread at top of forum..Glad dthat you have finally finally finished with that muppet!!

PCGuy is in Drogheda, having skiped town here in Clonmel.

In the last week or so, someone I know went to collect her PC and discovered he was gone. She then went to the Gardai who told her she was the 10th person in that day reporting their computer missing.

The Gardai contacted the landlord of PCGuy's business premises, who turned up with a key and they went inside to retrieve the computers. PCGuy had said all the computers were still in the premises and would be handed back to the customers when he got back to town. However, all were gone!!!

PCGuy was evicted from the premises for not paying his rent, and he blamed a young apprentice working for him, saying this young guy had stolen €5000 from the business account when he was tasked with paying the rent with the money.
    What does it take to get a guy incarcerated exactly? It would appear this guy is doing no good to society.

What does it take to get a guy incarcerated exactly? It would appear this guy is doing no good to society.

Yes, what exactly do you have to do to be considered a law-breaker? This idiot is getting away with everything.:mad:

well he's screwed now as he left town but he will probably end up in a different town somewere out there to finish his dirty deeds that i'm sure of. well glad you stuck with it all cardol

Advertisement