If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speaker package wanted for Denon AVR 1909

Options
  • 25-12-2009 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, i am finally getting around to replacing my mish mash speaker collection that i purchased many many years ago in your John Rogersons Quay store!!
    A set of Gale gold monitors (front), gale silvers (rear) and a JBL centre with no model number.
    I have narrowed my search to either Q Acoustics 1010/2000 series or Monitor Audio Vectors. I hope to order in early January.

Which will suit the Denon better? (I am leaning toward the Vectors)
    Secondly can you confirm if either come with wall mounts and/or which would you recommend for them.
    Can you quote for speakers and brackets if available?

P.S. does the 1909 have a weak I.R. reciever ir does it use a frequency prone to interference? I find the remote does not always respond to commands, (both from suppplied and a Harmony) I had arranged to return it earlier in the year, but it seemed to improve after i relocated a bluetooth reciever that was near it. It is not as bad as it used to be but it still happens. It is 2 shelves below a HTPC and has a wifi router close by too. (I have the supercare warranty on it).

Thanks in advance and Happy Xmas

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ffocused wrote: »
    Hi guys, i am finally getting around to replacing my mish mash speaker collection that i purchased many many years ago in your John Rogersons Quay store!!
    A set of Gale gold monitors (front), gale silvers (rear) and a JBL centre with no model number.
    I have narrowed my search to either Q Acoustics 1010/2000 series or Monitor Audio Vectors. I hope to order in early January.

Which will suit the Denon better? (I am leaning toward the Vectors)
    Secondly can you confirm if either come with wall mounts and/or which would you recommend for them.
    Can you quote for speakers and brackets if available?

P.S. does the 1909 have a weak I.R. reciever ir does it use a frequency prone to interference? I find the remote does not always respond to commands, (both from suppplied and a Harmony) I had arranged to return it earlier in the year, but it seemed to improve after i relocated a bluetooth reciever that was near it. It is not as bad as it used to be but it still happens. It is 2 shelves below a HTPC and has a wifi router close by too. (I have the supercare warranty on it).

Thanks in advance and Happy Xmas

FF,

Thanks a million for the query and apologies for the delay in getting back to you!

God old Sillver & Gold monitors - they are still cracking speakers to be fair even after all these years!

Anyway the Vectors will give you a really great step up in audio quality especially at the top / treble end - however you could also do a staged upgrade by adding a new subwoofer and a new centre to start and retain your Gales until budget allows - if you went for the Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 kit we can do this at £399.95.

Alternatively you could add the radius 370HD Subwoofer and the Radius 180HD centre to start at £449.95 - which would give you a serious base for a full Radius R90HD 10 package over time (yes I am here to tempt!)

On the 1909 R/c front - ( I won't even ask if you have tried new batteries!) the other components should not interfere however what does interfere is any Plasma TV or Flourescent lighting (plays havoc!) if there are any issues please drop me a line and we will do our best to get it sorted.

Keep me posted if we can assist and thanks again for the post,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

Thanks John, are you still doing free postage for Boards members?
    I will go for the Vectors, do you have may in stock? It will be a few more weeks before i will purchase them, Should I/Can I leave a deposit?
    i would love to go for the bigger setup, but the wife would murder me if she came home to big floorstanders!!

On the amp front,(its not the batteries!!) i have no flourescents or plasma, but i have an Ambilight lcd. Turning off ambilight has helped on a few occasions, but not always. Looks like i will have to leave it back for repair, i hope the fault can be identified. I had arranged to leave it in the Philips shop last summer, but never got around to it.
    What is the average turnaround for a repair job? I have read horror stories about Denon warranty repairs in the UK. I purchased it on 08/01/09 so its still under denon warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Clarkson

Hi there, sorry to bump this old thread, just need an opinion on Speaker choice.

I've got £300-350 to spend and I can get the Q Acoustics 1010i used for 4 years 5.1 for £225 and Monitor Audio Vectors for £300 brand new.

What would you go for tell me, also tell me if the QA's were new, would it change your mind?

Cheers!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Clarkson wrote: »
    Hi there, sorry to bump this old thread, just need an opinion on Speaker choice.

I've got £300-350 to spend and I can get the Q Acoustics 1010i used for 4 years 5.1 for £225 and Monitor Audio Vectors for £300 brand new.

What would you go for tell me, also tell me if the QA's were new, would it change your mind?

Cheers!
    If you can get a new Q acoustics 1010i 5.1 pack inc sub at £225 - dont hang around, go and snaffle it straight up!

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.