Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Options
  • 25-12-2009 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

Any one got any gossip on who could be on the line up... I recon that there could be more dance acts as they are generaly cheaper than bands...hopefull not at there was alot more scobes at it this year than in past in my opinion !!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Don't know but getting my ticket before New Year's!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

already got mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tenth Planet

Cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

yep, got mine on day one of pre-release, I don't care what the lineup is to be honest, the weather is more damn important:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Well have to say i wnt to more of the dance/DJ's then bands last year.. But a few extra knackers did change the mood slightly.. Ill be back again though!! Love it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

What's the story with the amount of early bird tickets? Is there only a certain number of them or are they on sale until a certain date?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Went the last two years and last year was a big let down for me, it paled in comparison to the year before. The acts were great, but the atmosphere was completely lost, I might try Bestival instead this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Talking about EP's lineup this year, theres a facebook campaign which can be found at www.laoismusic.com to get Festival Republic to add local Laois based acts to the lineup, like they do at their other festivals across europe
    If you're on Facebook maybe go join the campaign, we've already seen the power of Facebook campaigns after the Rage Against the Machine campaign at chirstmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

we've already seen the power of Facebook campaigns after the Rage Against the Machine campaign at chirstmas

Not to attack what you are trying to do but do not assume that because the RATM campaign was successful that means that online petitions suddenly work. That was a scenario where a LOT of people made a difference because they could by spending money. Having some people on their own corner of the net saying "they like this" will not achieve anything on its own.

Start a letter writing campaign (real letters, not email) to various people involved with EP and you will have a much larger chance of success.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭JaneLane

Bat For Lashes better be one of the acts scheduled to play anyway after the no show last year! I was standing front row centre and was devastated. It ruined the Saturday for me completely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Ziggy_Stardust

JaneLane wrote: »
    Bat For Lashes better be one of the acts scheduled to play anyway after the no show last year! I was standing front row centre and was devastated. It ruined the Saturday for me completely!

Bat for Lashes were the act i wanted to see the most last year. David Kitt came on and played another set instead which more than made up for the Bat for Lashes no show.......:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I might try Bestival instead this year.

Bestival is a wonderful, wonderful festival. Highly recommended, much better than EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

It did get wiped off the face of the earth in 2008 though.

any bands you would like to see?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Maybe a bit mainstream, but Orbital and 2ManyDJs were my all time outstanding acts of last year.
    Although we only ended up seeing about 12 acts in all because we spent most of the time lost in the forest.
    Good times!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

hannable80 wrote: »

I reckon they need to stay away from the popular stuff/hype completely this year, go for a retro old band to attract the slightly older crowd, its all about the crowd. Crowd, weather, and then music. Obviously the music needs to be good, but not necessarily high profile!

Ide really like to see massive attack this year

PS Just got my early bird ticket yesterday whhhooooooooooooo can't Fookin wait!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

hannable80 wrote: »

Fleet Foxes.

Fleet Foxes.

They played last year, and were great. Looks like Wilco will be filling their spot this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

Leftfield

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Ouravit wrote: »
    Leftfield

Would be nice, got my earlybird for RockNess, I havent seen Leftfield mentioned yet for any other festivals, but Id say they would play EP, it has the same audience capacity as RockNess.
    http://www.rockness.co.uk/leftfield-chase-and-status-and-boys-noize-announced

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

pixies are playing primavera !!! would defo like to see the xx back

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

Would be nice, got my earlybird for RockNess, I havent seen Leftfield mentioned yet for any other festivals, but Id say they would play EP, it has the same audience capacity as RockNess.
    http://www.rockness.co.uk/leftfield-chase-and-status-and-boys-noize-announced

Yeah should be going to Rockness. Great place for a festival. Last year was a great buzz. crazy scottish people !!).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Ouravit wrote: »
    Leftfield

ooh, now you're talkin'...I know they've been before and also to oxegen but I'd love to see the Chemicals, I always seem to miss them.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hunkydory1

Please god let 2 many dj's come back this year. They were absolutely outstanding last year...:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

March 24 will be D-Day for Electric Picnic fans with the festival announcing its initial line-up.

We’re hearing all sorts of rumours – PiL and Pavement being two of the tastier ones – so will be counting down with you!

This year’s Stradbally Hall extravaganza runs from September 4 to 6, with Early Bird tickets available for €199.

http://www.hotpress.com/Electric%20Picnic/news/Electric-Picnic-to-announce-lineup-details-on-March-24/6226040.html

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

I'd put money on leftfield too.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Yeah, Pavement and Leftfield are highly likely it seems. Hadn't heard the PIL rumour before, that would be cool.
    The Chemical Brothers are doing some UK gigs this summer, I'd love to see them again (for the 7th time!), they are a perfect festival band.

Fingers crossed for leftfield!

Also anyone know how long the early bird tickets are on sale for?

Provisionally added for the line-up: Attention Bébé.

That means a free ticket for electrogrimey :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

PLEASE PUT DAFT PUNK AND DJ SHADOW ON THE BILL

THAT WOULD BE NICE

Advertisement