Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Worth going just for leftfield:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjZC47__urQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

Leaving it at this interesting quote from Wolf Parade's Dan Boeckner.

"But just the idea that if you just keep doing exactly what you want to do, playing the music that makes you happy without trying to predict what your audience wants or pander to this preconceived idea of what your audience is, what they want to hear from you, then you can actually have some kind of longevity in your career."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

The National. Ohh I really really wanna see The National.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

The National. Ohh I really really wanna see The National.

Seen em twice before. Once in the Ambassador and once at a festival in Belgium. Awesome band live. New album out soon too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

lordgoat wrote: »
    The point, as you've missed it, is to get in someone else instead of them as they tend to play alot of festivals and thus broadening the line up rather than going for a safe easy and after you've seen them a few times boring option.

they might bore you mate but I've seen them 3 times (the point in 96 with Carl Cox, 98 in Leisureland, 2007 ep being the best electronic set I've ever heard!!) and will never get sick of their soundz,

they really are masters of their craft and I really do hope they play again this year, have been talkin about their last ep performance since 07

link below always makes the hair stand on the back of me neck

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=IE#/watch?v=Kbu4mdtX2lc&client=mv-google

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

Are The Pixies playing EP this year? Any definite news??

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

I really, really, really hope so..

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Any more word on other acts been announced?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Elevator wrote: »
    they might bore you mate but I've seen them 3 times (the point in 96 with Carl Cox, 98 in Leisureland, 2007 ep being the best electronic set I've ever heard!!) and will never get sick of their soundz,

they really are masters of their craft and I really do hope they play again this year, have been talkin about their last ep performance since 07

link below always makes the hair stand on the back of me neck

Again the point being missed i've seen them about 3 times, and the first time was without doubt **** hot, after that i got the feeling, wait haven't i been here before...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Where is the Electric Picnic forum, why cant I access this, I need to get in touch with boardies there. Lordgoat isnt the Electric Picnic forum essentially another link to gigs and events info, which is vital for the Boards.ie forum thread here. All I want to find out is why the forum is gone, what happened, there is supposed to be announcements soon.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Just been announced that one local act from Co. Laois will perform this year after pressure from the Facebook campaign "Laois Bands for Electric Picnic 2010".
    A battle of the bands competition will be held over the summer with the victor playing the Cosby Stage.
    You can check out the campaign at www.laoismusic.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Again the point being missed i've seen them about 3 times, and the first time was without doubt **** hot, after that i got the feeling, wait haven't i been here before...

Yes, you're still wrong and not making any sense.

Where is the Electric Picnic forum, why cant I access this, I need to get in touch with boardies there. Lordgoat isnt the Electric Picnic forum essentially another link to gigs and events info, which is vital for the Boards.ie forum thread here. All I want to find out is why the forum is gone, what happened, there is supposed to be announcements soon.

It's back now.
    No announcements though. They wouldn't take it down for that reason anyway. Probably just something wrong with the server, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Jaysus, I wouldn't call nearly €250 "not giving anything back". EP/Oxegen are the most expensive festivals in the world!

I thought they were too until I found out the price of Fuji Rock in Japan... €350 for the weekend. We're near the top but it could be worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

Eels
    Friendly Fires
    Laurent Garnier
    The Fall
    Fight Like Apes
    Bonobo
    Stornoway
    Channel One
    next couple of announcements for ep

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Would have been ample time to add Pavement but looks like it ain't happening.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Eels have been added, which is nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

Eels have been added, which is nice.

Very nice. Bonobo very good addition also

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Its my first time going to this year after 10 years of Witnness/Oxegen,anyone know when sitemap etc are put up?
    Really looking forward to it so I hope its as good as my mates who have been there say it is!!

Its my first time going to this year after 10 years of Witnness/Oxegen,anyone know when sitemap etc are put up?
    Really looking forward to it so I hope its as good as my mates who have been there say it is!!

About two weeks before hand. Times will not be up until possibly the day before

• Advertisement

Just seen this over on the EP forum. Foals are playing this year.
    Interview with them here

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Noice wan about Foals!

Saw this on Facebook if it'll make any difference..

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pixies-for-Electric-Picnic-2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

useded wrote: »
    Noice wan about Foals!

Saw this on Facebook if it'll make any difference..

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pixies-for-Electric-Picnic-2010

Not the slightest bit

What's meant to be on that Facebook page?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

We were thinking of going with a podpad this year.
    Are they worth €520?
    Do you get any other benefits with them?
    Any opinions?

Ta,

moz wrote: »
    We were thinking of going with a podpad this year.
    Are they worth €520?
    Do you get any other benefits with them?
    Any opinions?

Ta,

Never stayed with them but as far benefits go, they'll be located in the boutique campsite, so should have all the benefits that come with that. Best location, more space, less noise, better facilities (hopefully better toilets etc..).

Podpads look nice but maybe a bit small. I'm staying with Tangerine Fields this year in a yurt. Some pics here of what they should be like. They're €420 and look a little more spacious.

If it's worth it or not, I don't know. We camped last year and didn't like it. So if we enjoy the festival more this year because of staying in boutique camping then it will be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

More bands added. Nice little addition really, nothing mid-blowing. Hypnotic Brass, Foals and UNKLE are a good boost.

Foals, UNKLE, Cathy Davey, Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, Beardyman (pictured), Archie Bronson Outfit, Philip Selway, James V McMorrow, And So I Watch You From Afar, Dam Funk, Goodtime John and The Mighty Stef.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

more acts added to electric picnic

Foals, UNKLE, Cathy Davey, Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, Beardyman, Archie Bronson Outfit, Philip Selway, James V McMorrow, And So I Watch You From Afar, Dam Funk, Goodtime John, The Mighty Stef

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Just on the set list thing. I think when it comes to the festivals, you play the hits that people wanna hear. Dedicated gigs where you get the dedicated fans coming to, play the new stuff. It's that simple.

• Advertisement

el dude wrote: »
    Just on the set list thing. I think when it comes to the festivals, you play the hits that people wanna hear. Dedicated gigs where you get the dedicated fans coming to, play the new stuff. It's that simple.

I kinda agree. An artist/band/singer does not have to do anything but should not be surprised if they do not win the crowd playing new stuff at a festival. it is usually about having as much fun as possible. usually the sound is not great at festivals too so not a great time to be playing new stuff

Advertisement