Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

littleman wrote: »
    More bands added. Nice little addition really, nothing mid-blowing. Hypnotic Brass, Foals and UNKLE are a good boost.
    f

Not mind-blowing? :eek:

Was crewing for them last year on the B&S mainstage. Absolute gents and SOME musicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Never stayed with them but as far benefits go, they'll be located in the boutique campsite, so should have all the benefits that come with that. Best location, more space, less noise, better facilities (hopefully better toilets etc..).

Podpads look nice but maybe a bit small. I'm staying with Tangerine Fields this year in a yurt. Some pics here of what they should be like. They're €420 and look a little more spacious.

If it's worth it or not, I don't know. We camped last year and didn't like it. So if we enjoy the festival more this year because of staying in boutique camping then it will be worth it.

stayed in a yurt last year. the tent was grand alright, and loadsa space about, but queued for a shower for over an hour on sunday morning, and the jacks were a no go on saturday. luckily i had contacts with one of the stalls who had their own jacks!
    the only benefit really was the location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I know I sound like an old-fogey saying this but the Comfy Crapper is the only way to go at the Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Not mind-blowing? :eek:

Was crewing for them last year on the B&S mainstage. Absolute gents and SOME musicians.

To be fair he did say that they were a good boost to the line-up. I'm guessing he meant none of the acts added were big names.

But I agree that they are unreal live. Seen them in Cork last year during the Jazz festival and they put on some show. One of the best gigs I've been to. Delighted they've been added.

Seen Beardyman a few weeks ago and he was good as well. Happy with todays announcement overall.

stayed in a yurt last year. the tent was grand alright, and loadsa space about, but queued for a shower for over an hour on sunday morning, and the jacks were a no go on saturday. luckily i had contacts with one of the stalls who had their own jacks!
    the only benefit really was the location.

Who was it you stayed with last year? Was it Tangerine Fields? They have 'Added Juice' this year, so they have their own toilets. Not sure what type they are though. Is it portable ones you're on about? That is a long wait for a shower. Baby wipes ftw! :pac:
    I know I sound like an old-fogey saying this but the Comfy Crapper is the only way to go at the Picnic.

What's the story with the spoon thing you get going in there?

• Advertisement

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    What's the story with the spoon thing you get going in there?

It's for locking the door (and nothing else!).

It's for locking the door (and nothing else!).

lol, we were in the queue last year and saw them handing them out. Couldn't make out what they were for. That's not what I was thinking :pac:
    Why don't they use keys :confused:

That's not why we left btw, just couldn't be arsed waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

Tickets came in the post today!!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

cbmonstra wrote: »
    Tickets came in the post today!!! :D

mine too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I just got accepted to volunteer with body and soul, so excited! The only thing is in the email they say that I need to include my application ID,with my deposit. I've never been given one. I checked with friend, who's also volunteering and he hasn't received one either. Anyone know how to get one/find it out? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Mountain goats are playing the UK at the start of sept, would love to see these added to the line up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Sickened that a lot of the bands that seem more suited to EP are now at oxegen. I know its a kind of ****ty attitude but oxegen will have such a different atmosphere and one I particularly dont like.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Mountain goats are playing the UK at the start of sept, would love to see these added to the line up...

That would be great. I've only ever seen Mountain Goats once live - on a double bill with Micah P Hinson - but they were fantastic.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

That would be great. I've only ever seen Mountain Goats once live - on a double bill with Micah P Hinson - but they were fantastic.
    I am so jealous. I've listened to them and the magnetic fields and pretty much nothing else the last week. They have two of the greatest songwriters alive today...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭techyjon

Why can you not get day tickets? I'm only going to be able to make the Sunday so thats bit of a balls!

techyjon wrote: »
    Why can you not get day tickets? I'm only going to be able to make the Sunday so thats bit of a balls!

better atmosphere to the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

It's organisationally easier too, and it means you won't have one day sold out while another is half-deserted.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 batman007

Piste wrote: »
    Oooh this is a pretty good lineup so far, I'm torn between EP and Sziget this year. If only the two lineups could be merged!

I would love to go to sziget but i cant book flights till my results come out on the first of july and by then thet'll be far far too expensive unfortunately.

The electric picnic lineup is brillant, way better than oxegen! But would an older crowd (as in late twenties, early thirties) be more likely to frequent EP??

batman007 wrote: »
    But would an older crowd (as in late twenties, early thirties) be more likely to frequent EP??

Generally it's a bit of an older crowd but there's still plenty of young folk about too.

batman007 wrote: »
    I would love to go to sziget but i cant book flights till my results come out on the first of july and by then thet'll be far far too expensive unfortunately.

The electric picnic lineup is brillant, way better than oxegen! But would an older crowd (as in late twenties, early thirties) be more likely to frequent EP??

Basically EP is a 23-35 crowd with a few young uns running around

Oxegen is 17-22 with a few old uns walking around

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭palethinboy

I bought a 2 tickets on the deposit scheme. my next date to pay the 80 quid installments was 30th june. However the elec picnic site now says 23rd july which suits me better.

Anyway i can find out when my card will be charged next? apart from trying to ring ticketmaster & being left on hold forever....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i was 23 at EP and felt i was slightly below the average age, 25ish seems to be the average.makes for a much better festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Its about time we had some new announcements, now that Ive been to RockNess this year, Im all excited again for the Picnic. Would love to see Aphex Twin again, his new material and laser show is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkFH-745yV0

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

Would love to see Aphex Twin

FULL STOP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

yeah i think we're due an announcement too at this stage, but with oxegen around the corner, they might wait till after and announce all the acts then with one big push to sell tickets maybe?

Do people reckon we've had the major headliners/acts all announced at this stage or will a few more big ones be added? Its lacking a bit for me personally, still plenty to see but it just needs one or two more big acts and a few more djs and id be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Hang on - have Beach House been dropped from the line-up. Can't see them mentioned on the site anymore.

Found original email containing lineup and they were defo on it!!!

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Hang on - have Beach House been dropped from the line-up. Can't see them mentioned on the site anymore.

Found original email containing lineup and they were defo on it!!!

Yep. Playing U.S. now. Disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Splainc wrote: »
    Yep. Playing U.S. now. Disaster.

Disaster is right!!!
    Yeah just seen it on the EP forum - they deserve a bloody decent replacement. Album of the year for most people!!!

Must not have been properly booked in the first place!

Its about time we had some new announcements
    df1985 wrote: »
    yeah i think we're due an announcement too at this stage

Ye were right!

Wolf Parade,
    Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip,
    Stars, Brendan Perry,
    Black Mountain,
    K’Naan,
    Heathers,
    Sebastien Leger,
    Jack Beats,
    Mixhell,
    Japanese Popstars (live),
    Kormac’s Big Band,
    Joker & Nomad,
    The Subs,
    Sneaky Soundsystem (DJ set)

Haven't heard of a lot of them but there will be more announced before September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

japanese Popstars excellent! Whats the chances the heatehrs stage will empty as soon as that discover ireland song is played?

Advertisement