Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Comedy acts announced:
    Mario Rosenstock (Gift Grub), Ardal O'Hanlon, Phil Jupitus, Jim Eoin, Ed Byrne, Reginald D Hunter, The Stars of Who's Line is it Anyway, Colin Murphy, The Rubberbandits, Dead Cat Bounce, Glenn Wool, Joe Rooney, Karl Spain, Eleanor Tiernan, Dermot Whelan, Brendan Burke, Danny Dowling and Gerry McBride. MCs for the weekend are Andrew Stanley and Damian Clarke.

Never knew that there was comedy acts..

I feel like an EP virgin.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Never knew that there was comedy acts..

I feel like an EP virgin.:D

lol, ya there's a separate tent for them

On MGMT - I was late getting up last year, so only caught about 15 mins at the end of their set & ya it wasn't great tbh. But I do like their music and seen a bit of their Glastonbury set on tv a couple weeks back and it was good enough, so I would like to see them again sometime.
    I thought last years line-up was really good and there are a few acts I'd like to see back again this year. But generally it doesn't seem to happen that bands play 2 years in a row. There will be a couple but I'd say MGMT won't be one of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

I don't know anything about EP to be honest.. I just like their (MGMT) music. I have no idea if they were good for that type of atmosphere or not..

The decision to go only came about yesterday, so all I know really is that its on in Laois:D

Ah you will love it. MGMT were the cool thing last year and were playing the main stage at about 8/9pm which was a terrible decision. The two singles went down really well but the rest was terribly bland and they have 0% stage presence. Loads of great acts playing this year with the focus on more quality acts than "big" names

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    lol, ya there's a separate tent for them

I popped in there during the day a few years ago and it was a nice chilled atmosphere. you could walk in and sit down (everyone was sitting down on the ground) without fearing the guy on stage would rip into you! However I did wait until he was finished before getting up and going for a beer (my knees were killing me from sitting on the ground :) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

Thinking of possibly heading to EP this year (will be first time), what are the chances of tickets selling out?

Cheers

Splainc wrote: »
    Loads of great acts playing this year with the focus on more quality acts than "big" names

Ya, that seems to be the case alright. While I'd heard of & liked a few before they were announced, a lot them I was like :confused:
    But I was after buying an earlybird, so off to youtube I went and have found loads that I like & I am looking forward to now. I'm up to about 30 acts at this stage that I'd like to see. Doubt I'll get around to that many but it's great to have such a good choice. And there'll be more announced before September too. Can't wait. Only 50 more sleeps :pac:

I popped in there during the day a few years ago and it was a nice chilled atmosphere. you could walk in and sit down (everyone was sitting down on the ground) without fearing the guy on stage would rip into you! However I did wait until he was finished before getting up and going for a beer (my knees were killing me from sitting on the ground :) )

I must try and get around to it this year. That fella from Gift Grub should be a good laugh. I popped in last year for about 10 mins, just stood at the back. It was nice & laid back in there alright. The thing is that most of the better comedians were on the same time as the bands I wanted to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭messymess

Does anyone know will Body Tonic be there this year? It was sorely missed last year.

I generally don't like the type of music that's played at Arcadia for some reason and I can't stand the psytrance played in the forest.

Why isn't there a better house and techno influence at such a 'trendy' festival!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

• According to their myspce page's roxy music,leftfield,massive attack are on the saturday so expect a few more headline acts to be announced.

• Advertisement

Roxy Music are on Friday, Leftfield are Saturday & Massive Attack are Sunday.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for another headliner.

apoliges for massive attack but goin by myspace the other two are down for saturday.im just goin by myspace:o

I can't see any dates on the Roxy Music myspace page. Going by their official site it is the Friday they are playing alright. As for Massive Attack, I checked their page a few weeks ago and it was the 4th, but it's been changed to the 5th since.

ok cool mate. maybe im just hoping for sum more headliners. we just have to wait and see i suppose fingers crossed

I wouldn't mind if there was.
    Had you anyone in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

any hope in hell for arcade fire now that oxegen is over?

or chemical brothers? cant understand how theyve done neither with a new album.

edit: checked chem tour dates, in america that weekend.

Both would be great additions.
    With a new album you would think the Chemical Brothers would have played one or the other. But they are in the US on the Friday/Saturday of EP, they'll hardly make it over on the Sunday.
    Edit: I see you edited & have spotted that yourself. I need to type faster :D

iv got a sneaky feeling about cypress hill they play uk around the same time i think.but you can never tell wit ep they always pull somthing out the bag in the final announcment here's hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Daft Punk are playing in London on the Friday, would be a wet dream if they hopped over the Irish sea to EP..........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Daft Punk are playing in London on the Friday, would be a wet dream if they hopped over the Irish sea to EP..........:D
    No they're not!

They haven't announced any tour dates yet.

• Advertisement

daft punk would be EPIC:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Jello wrote: »
    No they're not!

They haven't announced any tour dates yet.

Yeah, your right!! Just checked again and it was all a filthy rumour. Shame:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

As far as i'm aware, all announcements are made.

LFC5Times wrote: »
    Thinking of possibly heading to EP this year (will be first time), what are the chances of tickets selling out?

Cheers

I'd be surprised if it did soon but you never know.
    Last year, I think I read somewhere, that it only sold out the day it started. There was definitely tickets left the week before anyway.

Yeah, your right!! Just checked again and it was all a filthy rumour. Shame:(

Ya one of the dates mentioned was for the O2 in August. It is a shame, I'd love to see them. I'd settle for Justice.
    lordgoat wrote: »

As far as you are aware? Is that just a guess or have you some inside info?
    I would think, with 7 weeks to go, there will be more acts added. Last year there was announcements right up until the middle of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

df1985 wrote: »
    any hope in hell for arcade fire now that oxegen is over?

No, they've got other stuff on around that time and as far as I know they've announced all the festivals they're doing this year. I daresay Oxegen probably had a national exclusivity thing with them too, I know Reading/Leeds did in the UK.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

Nope. Tallest Man on Earth is confirmed on his myspace but not by EP so will be at least one more small announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

two door cinema club announced themselves 2 days ago, so i'd say EP have a few more still to announce...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

messymess wrote: »
    Does anyone know will Body Tonic be there this year? It was sorely missed last year.

I generally don't like the type of music that's played at Arcadia for some reason and I can't stand the psytrance played in the forest.

Why isn't there a better house and techno influence at such a 'trendy' festival!?

EP apparently treated them like **** in 2008, and had massively slashed their budget, so they decided not to bother trying to put together a lineup/tent on a small budget, and just concentrate on their own events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

No, they've got other stuff on around that time and as far as I know they've announced all the festivals they're doing this year. I daresay Oxegen probably had a national exclusivity thing with them too, I know Reading/Leeds did in the UK.

Odds are they'll be back in the O2 before the end of the year.

Advertisement