Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

lads i was able to walk into the arena with a backpack of 2 litre vodka and lucozade...

bit of banter with security and treat them with respect and your grand...

also they usually have the same heads in the same places, get on the good side of one of em and keep going back so they recognise you...

there was no problem last year with the above method....no nudity was even needed on my part...which is a blessing

It depends if there is a crowd or not going in. If there is a crowd and people are piling through banter is not really possible as they are checking you before you can open your mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Here's the latest:

Two Door Cinema Club; Robyn; Laura Marling; The Antlers; The Tallest Man on Earth; Cymbals Eat Guitars; Chew Lips; Fang Island;
    The Riptide Movement; Donal Dineen & Friends; Brian Deady

None of my 6 :(

Couple of alright additions though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Two Door Cinema Club;
    Robyn;
    Laura Marling;
    The Antlers;
    The Tallest Man on Earth;
    Cymbals Eat Guitars;
    Chew Lips;
    Fang Island;
    The Riptide Movement;
    Donal Dineen & Friends;
    Brian Deady

meh..........

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

I've heard of TDCC (they're supposed to be very good live) and Robyn... but not the rest...

df1985 wrote: »
    Two Door Cinema Club;
    Robyn;
    Laura Marling;
    The Antlers;
    The Tallest Man on Earth;
    Cymbals Eat Guitars;

Chew Lips;
    Fang Island;
    The Riptide Movement;
    Donal Dineen & Friends;
    Brian Deady

meh..........

Decent additions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Splainc wrote: »
    Decent additions.

Are these new, i've known for ages that antlers were playing it and pretty sure Tallest Man was added a while ago too...

lordgoat wrote: »
    Are these new, i've known for ages that antlers were playing it and pretty sure Tallest Man was added a while ago too...

Not officially. The myspace updates completely ruin the excitement of these announcements

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Some decent additions. I'd be more interested in Laura Marling than anything else there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yep. Every time. Not allowed bring any alcohol into the arena at all I was told. Even if they just sold it to you themselves 5 minutes ago.

I thought you meant when you walked in with the empty eco cup for another scoop, yeh thats happened to me when I bought a pint, left the arena and decided to go back 5 mins later, I was like, hi you just seen me 5 mins ago ya numpty.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Hackysack wrote: »
    4 of your 6 just played Rock Werchter there in 2010 :P

Did you go? Was it any good?
    I think 4 of them played Oxegen as well but I wouldn't go to that. All of them are playing loads of festivals all summer but not EP.
    There's plenty I'm looking forward to though, so not to worry. There's some very good bands that are playing that aren't playing other festivals. I'm just being greedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Did you go? Was it any good?
    I think 4 of them played Oxegen as well but I wouldn't go to that. All of them are playing loads of festivals all summer but not EP.
    There's plenty I'm looking forward to though, so not to worry. There's some very good bands that are playing that aren't playing other festivals. I'm just being greedy.

Yeah you're right. Yeah I went to Werchter. It was quite good. Very enjoyable. Bit of a poor crowd for having the craic during the acts but it's the only complaint I had.

But I know what you mean. It'd be great to get em all again at EP, but we can still hope!

i had a look at the 2009 thread and it was well into august before the final announcements, there was one big one in mid august which announced a lot of acts for the little big tent, all dance acts/djs. hoping for something similar!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,747 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

are Rodrigo Y Gabriela going to have a set this year?? please god say yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

i had a look at the 2009 thread and it was well into august before the final announcements, there was one big one in mid august which announced a lot of acts for the little big tent, all dance acts/djs. hoping for something similar!

me too, I hope they announce more DJs etc. I wonder how the lack of Bodytonic will affect that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

callaway92 wrote: »

I was watching their set at T in the Park and it was impressive.

me too, I hope they announce more DJs etc. I wonder how the lack of Bodytonic will affect that though.

As far as I could tell last year they more or less removed DJ's and stuff from the official bill and really took a step away from that. However there will be at least 10 unofficial tents with all sorts of djs and bands playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭StraddleFor6

Donal Dineen will cater for us if they don't. He was excellent last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Donal Dineen will cater for us if they don't. He was excellent last year.

Mr. Dineen always puts on a good show at the Picnic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

There I was thinking the lineup was cobblers, then I had I look at the acts on their site today and it actually looks pretty ****ing great. EP has a habit of sneaking up on me like that.

Fairly sure I'll be getting a ticket.

Pace2008 wrote: »
    There I was thinking the lineup was cobblers, then I had I look at the acts on their site today and it actually looks pretty ****ing great. EP has a habit of sneaking up on me like that.

Fairly sure I'll be getting a ticket.

Yep. Despite no one huge name that I have never seen before I could name 30 acts that I am looking forward to seeing easily

• Advertisement

Im the same, it lacks that one big wow factor act/band to get me really excited, but when i do go onto the site to see the list, it actually does suprise me, plenty of acts id like to see/check out for the first time. My mates have got their time off granted for it so looks like ill be going.

Arcadia stage here i come!

callaway92 wrote: »

They're in the states when EP is on unfortunately.
    I was watching their set at T in the Park and it was impressive.

Ya I seen their Glastonbury set. I didn't realise they were that good. They were at EP last year. Going mad I didn't go see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I'm looking forward to EP this year but the line-up is a little uninspiring at the headliner end of things, for 240 notes it's understandable that people would like a few more big names on there. I can't see there being much of an atmosphere around the main stage for more than a handful of acts, which is a shame.

All that said though, last year was my first time at EP and I loved it, it just has a great vibe about it, with the body and soul arena, arcadia stage and trenchtown etc. you can't go far wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

All that said though, last year was my first time at EP and I loved it, it just has a great vibe about it, with the body and soul arena, arcadia stage and trenchtown etc. you can't go far wrong.

This will be my 1st year, that description of yours is the main draw for me, that and the scarcity of scum. I think it's worth the €240 for that alone.

My must sees are:

Leftfield
    Seasick Steve
    Bloody Beetroots
    Hot Chip
    Laurent Garnier
    Jack Beats

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

jaysus i cant wait!

steve earle (jaysus he was awsome in the wire)

fight like apes

seasick steve

the frames

and finding some new music...its going to be awesome!

now to work on my 'being nice to security so i can get my booe into the main arena' technique...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

As far as I could tell last year they more or less removed DJ's and stuff from the official bill and really took a step away from that. However there will be at least 10 unofficial tents with all sorts of djs and bands playing

Considering two of the headliners last year was Orbital and 2ManyDjs I thought that EP seemed to embrace the dance music ethic more than usual really.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Considering two of the headliners last year was Orbital and 2ManyDjs I thought that EP seemed to embrace the dance music ethic more than usual really.

More the genre crossover dance acts. Leftfield are probably the Orbital equivalent this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

might seem like bit of a silly question but just wondering how the installment paying system works for tickets as my girlfriend and I are mad to go!! It will be her first festival and my first EP!!was at benicassim last year but due to lack of money this year cant go on the holiday that the european festival would bring with it!! thanks for any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

As far as i know you can no longer buy tickets using the installment plan there was set dates it all came out of your account etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Arcadia stage here i come!

hell yeah! that thing is unreal. No real bands that stand out for me bar massive attack but i just love the atmosphere up there so bring it on!:D

Advertisement