Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    got an email yesterday saying that there's 10% off myhabs now. Reduced to €300 for the weekend. They must be struggling to sell them as well.
    Actually, I don't think any of the boutique camping companies have sold out.

well in that case i would be expecting alot more than just 10% off the already more than 10% over priced boutique camping

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Mr.S wrote: »
    Best campsite? Going by the map, theres two, which would be best?

Where did you see a map?

I've been looking for one and there's none on the website. Do you mean google maps or an actual site layout map?!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 batman007

who is better to volunteer with electric picnic themselves or body and soul??

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

Anyone got any idea of the breakdown of the days? I can only make it Friday & Saturday but will be gutted if I miss Foals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Anyone got any idea of the breakdown of the days? I can only make it Friday & Saturday but will be gutted if I miss Foals

On their website and myspace they are down as being on the Friday. However, this doesn't mean they are a cert for that date though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

chordtype wrote: »
    On their website and myspace they are down as being on the Friday. However, this doesn't mean they are a cert for that date though.
    Cool, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I dont know if this has been asked before, but are there any independent bus services going to the Picnic from Galway, Bus Eireanns earliest bus apparently is at 12 noon WTF! I was hoping to get up a bit earlier than that, is Zhivago doing tickets for alternative transport?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

I dont know if this has been asked before, but are there any independent bus services going to the Picnic from Galway, Bus Eireanns earliest bus apparently is at 12 noon WTF! I was hoping to get up a bit earlier than that, is Zhivago doing tickets for alternative transport?

I seriously do not recommend using public transport to get to a large festival in Ireland. Try car share or get to somewhere closer the night before or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

12 noon? Really?

I'm sure they left earlier than that last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Marc Almond added to the line-up.
    THISISPOPBABY line-up also announced. Which is mostly just drag queens & stuff. But part of the announcement is that Robyn will play an intimate acoustic set.

• Advertisement

foolelle wrote: »
    well in that case i would be expecting alot more than just 10% off the already more than 10% over priced boutique camping

Ya, I don't see ~€30 off making much difference. If people wanted one, they'd be after booking one by now & if they're willing to pay €300, they'd probably pay €330 (or whatever the full price was).

Got a few questions, excuse my n00bness, first time going to EP:):

Best campsite? Going by the map, theres two, which would be best?

I don't think the maps are out. Is it last years map you've seen? Last year there was 4 normal camp sites.
    Is there a tesco/supermarket/somewhere to pick up drink nearby? I know theres an offlicence on site, but that just sounds like its going going to be a rip off!

There'd be a good choice in Portlaoise. But if you mean within walking distance of the festival, I don't think so. I was never actually in Stradbally village itself, so there might be something in there, not sure. I don't think it's that short a walk in though.
    Are you driving? Would you not just get your drink locally before you leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

mark almond of soft cell fame added to he lineup just got an email from ep

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Soft Cell?? Of tainted love fame??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Tiga will be playing, just saw it on his facebook :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

pavcro10 wrote: »
    Soft Cell?? Of tainted love fame??

I suppose he will be the novelty 80s synthesizers act for this year. I bet you they will dig up synth pop act Blancmange for next year heh heh.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I suppose he will be the novelty 80s synthesizers act for this year. I bet you they will dig up synth pop act Blancmange for next year heh heh.

He was godawful at Primavera... and I like Soft Cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

Can anyone remember from last year when the Online Off Licence opened, i.e. 2 or 3 weeks before the festival? It's not up on the website yet anyway...

Dead handy and totally worth it, imo.

It's Thirsty Thursday... can't get my mind off booze this morning :p

So which is the best campsite, if theres 4?

Nah i won't be driving, getting the bus from Dublin so carrying cans of drink is going to be trickey!

Well it depends on what you want. The closer you get to the main arena the busier it gets.
    Hendrix was closest to the arena last year but was like a shanty town imo. No space around the tents and very busy/noisy.
    Warhol is an extension of Hendrix really, a small bit longer to walk and maybe a little bit less busy.
    Wilde was close too, according to the map, but I didn't go up that way so can't really comment. But I remember reading that it was busy too & there was a bit of trouble there.
    Chaplin was furtherest away from the arena. Nearly 30 mins walk but was quieter & had loads of room. No food stalls or anything in Chaplin.
    Boutique camping is moving location this year, so I'm not sure if that will impact the layout/location of the other campsites. Have to wait till the maps are released.

As for the drink, I'd say on site off licence probably your best bet. Will cost a little extra but it will save you from carrying it.

More DJs & Dance Acts.
    Final additions to the Little Big Tent:

TIGA;
    STACEY PULLEN;
    CRYSTAL FIGHTERS;
    JUAN ATKINS;
    TROJAN SOUNDSYSTEM;
    DANIEL WANG;
    ARVEENE AND MISK;
    MIKKE DEE AND MYSTRO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Struggling to find a campervan ticket. Keeping an eye on toutless, gumtree etc to no avail.

Any tips? Do you recon they might throw a few more up on ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi guys,
    Wondering about charging my mobile while down there. What you guys suggest?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Usually what happens is people who got campervan tickets with the hope of renting a campervan find out that they're more expensive than they imagined to rent or that they are not available to rent on the weekend and end up selling them close to the day.

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Wondering about charging my mobile while down there. What you guys suggest?

Cheers,
    M
    there was a mobile charging tent in the hendrix campsite last year,think it was a fiver or something..hope this helps

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Struggling to find a campervan ticket. Keeping an eye on toutless, gumtree etc to no avail.

Any tips? Do you recon they might throw a few more up on ticketmaster?

Have you seen/joined this list already, on the EP forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Thanx Electro,
    Might get a solar charger? What ya think....

madmoe wrote: »
    Thanx Electro,
    Might get a solar charger? What ya think....
    your better off with a solar charger i for one wudnt pay a fiver to charge my phone.cant wait now got ticket today.LEFTFIELD BRING THE NOISE:cool:

Anyone got any recommendations for any of the acts on the line-up that you wouldn't really listen to at home or on your ipod but are a decent live act that put on a good show.

Two I'd recommend are Hypnotic Brass Ensemble & Beardyman. They were both at the picnic last year but I didn't see either. But I've seen both in Cork doing their own shows since & had a great time at both. Had I known how good they were I would have tried to catch them last year.
    Another one, that I haven't seen yet, that falls into that category is Seasick Steve. Look forward to seeing him.

Anyone got any other similar recommendations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 millar222

Not a lesser known act, but a great little stage, the overturned ship in the woods has a great vibe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

millar222 wrote: »
    Not a lesser known act, but a great little stage, the overturned ship in the woods has a great vibe.

thats a mad little spot alright

Advertisement