Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

looks like daft punk are playing the O2 on 5th of august so there out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Bowie was a rumor

Still just a rumor or any way he may appear?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Bowie would be class, was at Oxegen that year and it was a very sad moment of my life....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

looks like daft punk are playing the O2 on 5th of august so there out.

Nope, they're not. That was just a rumour. They haven't announced that they're doing anything at the moment, except for the Tron soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

allanb49 wrote: »
    Bowie was a rumor

Still just a rumor or any way he may appear?

Unbelievably unlikely Bowie will play any festival without having his own comeback tour in the bag first. After having not played in so long and with assorted health problems meaning his future touring possibilities are limited any show that he is on will have massive worldwide interest. It doesn't make any sort of sense for him to do festivals first. It will make him and the promoters less money and piss off a lot of his older fans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

Id say there is a very strong chance of Daft Punk making a come back this summer, doing the festival circuit and some of their own shows. I Know all those rumours were false but that was nearly 4 months ago. Plus you never know who creates those rumours?!? It could of been them for all we know,gettin their name back into peoples minds before an actual tour is put together! (maybe i should of posted this on the conspiracy fourm :pac:)
    They've compeleted the Tron 2 score and are working on a new album so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

Just noticed that Biffy Clyro are on T in the park line up but not oxegen. Love to see them at the picnic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Ahh Biffy Clyro would be sweet, and I personally would love to see Black Kids added to the line up as well. And if the Leftfield rumours were true.....:eek::D:D:eek:

Would love, love, love to see Bowie (friend saw him at Glastonbury, and said he was out of this world) but it'l never happen!!

Can't wait for the line-up to be announced!!

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

Ian Brown maybe too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

*Insert random popular indie band here*

I think the emphasis of rock could be put more on EP this year given the early indication of the Oxegen lineup. It's very dance/hip-hop/dance orientated this year so I'd expect the likes of Editors, Ian Brown and possibly Biffy Clyro to be playing there at EP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Anyone know how long more the early bird tickets are onsale for ?

Id say there is a very strong chance of Daft Punk making a come back this summer, doing the festival circuit and some of their own shows. I Know all those rumours were false but that was nearly 4 months ago. Plus you never know who creates those rumours?!? It could of been them for all we know,gettin their name back into peoples minds before an actual tour is put together! (maybe i should of posted this on the conspiracy fourm :pac:)
    They've compeleted the Tron 2 score and are working on a new album so fingers crossed!

I'd say there's slim to no chance's they'll be playing this year. Something as huge as a Daft Punk tour, which would most likely be a world tour, would be planned much more in advance than 4 months. Also, where did hear they're working on a new album? Pretty sure they're not, that was another rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Daft Punk are composing the score to some new film, not a new album as far as I know. Cant see them playin this year either and not in the o2 either

darragh16 wrote: »
    Daft Punk are composing the score to some new film

Yeah:
    They haven't announced that they're doing anything at the moment, except for the Tron soundtrack.
    They've compeleted the Tron 2 score

Saw Ian Brown at exit fest in serbia a few years back (same year he played oxegen), the man really puts on a great show.
    Daft Punk would be quality too.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

As much as I love EP. I think the standard of acts has been slipping over the last few years. I'm kinda pessimistic about the kind of acts they're going to announce this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Pixies and The Cure. Say nothin'!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

Gorillaz....sussssssh. say nothing and nothing il be said

Hackysack wrote: »
    As much as I love EP. I think the standard of acts has been slipping over the last few years. I'm kinda pessimistic about the kind of acts they're going to announce this year.

Or you could think of the Picnic as being half full, and hope that the new organisers will learn from the mistakes last year and make it less MCD like, and bring it back to how it was before that.

There's new organisers? Have they said anything about bringing it in a different direction?

• Advertisement

shoutman wrote: »
    There's new organisers? Have they said anything about bringing it in a different direction?

In 2008 EP was run by Pod, Aiken and Bodytonic. Then Bodytonic had some kind of a fight with Pod, so they pulled out. Then Festival Republic bought out Aiken's share, along with some more shares to give them a majority share. FR run Glastonbury, Reading & Leads and loads of different festivals, but they're co-owned be Denis Desmond, the guy who runs MCD, so that's why people have been complaining about it becoming more Oxegen like, and getting Oxegen's sloppy seconds when it comes to acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

According to Hot Press the lineup will be announced on March 24th 2010, around the same time as Leeds and Reading is announced...not that the too ever conflict much on each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 dimejinky9

The Frames are confirmed for this year :) it's their 20th anniversary so it'll be a great gig. I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Gorillaz! That would amazing and I think it could actually be quite likely (so long as they don't get snapped up by Poxegen).

And apparently Mick Jones and Paul Simonon from The Clash have joined the live band!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Van Occupanther

What do people think are the chances of Leftfield playing this year? Have heard talk of it and would seem the obvious gig for them rather than Oxegen. Hoping for Midlake, Avett Brothers, Low Anthem, Beach House, LCD Soundsystem, Massive Attack and Pavement.
    Expect a better bill this year with the change in ownership and Oxegen's move to a more pop-based lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Van Occupanther

Bootsy. wrote: »
    Gorillaz! That would amazing and I think it could actually be quite likely (so long as they don't get snapped up by Poxegen).

And apparently Mick Jones and Paul Simonon from The Clash have joined the live band!

Would be something else but can't see them being able to afford them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 calvin clean

Love to see whitest boy alive back this year

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

missed the picnic last year and with it whitest boy alive who i really wanted to see ... chances of them playing two years running ? ... would be great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

threein99 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long more the early bird tickets are onsale for ?

I don't have an actual answer but I think it's a number of tickets rather than a date. However, the line-up is announced on the 24th, so they'll have to stop selling them before then. I don't think they sold for this long last year. Looks like people are waiting for the line-up or are being put off by the bad press about last year. Oh and the 'R' word!

On the line-up I'd love Daft Punk & Gorillaz as already mentioned.
    Justice & Empire of the Sun would be class too.

I hope that 2 years in a row thing isn't true as well. Few from last year I'd like to see there this year (cause I missed them):

Florence & the Machine
    Temper Trap
    Passion Pit
    2 Many DJs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

After seeing Leftfield mentioned here, I pulled out their CDs and put them on my iPod. Hadn't listened to Leftism in about 10 years. I was after forgeting how good that album is. Would love to see them at EP. They've announced more dates now after Rockness, so I'd say there is a good chance. Fingers crossed.

There's a few others mentioned in the thread I'd like to see as well.
    The Chemical Brothers have announced a couple of festival dates, would be great to see them live.

Bat For Lashes (after her no show last year), Massive Attack & Editors would be good too.

Others that weren't mentioned yet that I'd like:
    Delphic,
    Yeasayer,
    Hot Chip &
    Friendly Fires

Advertisement