Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone know how ticket sales are doing? Most likely not gonna have the cash to get a ticket until the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Anyone know how ticket sales are doing? Most likely not gonna have the cash to get a ticket until the last minute.

I posted this a few days back.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wow that sounds both encouraging and worrying. Although a less crowded EP would definately be a good thing going on the last few years.

I suppose the lack of major names on the line-up and the fact that so many people are out of work is to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

While I don't have much interest in the headliners bar one or two acts, there's enough smallerish bands to check out that would warrant me going. Problem is I most likely won't have the cash for this; I'm sure a lot of other people are in the same boat. €240 is just far too much, I'm not surprised at all that this won't sell out in the presales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

I was offered a family ticket for 150 would I be able to go alone and camp wherever with that tkt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

Mr.S wrote: »
    Woo got my ticket and transport sorted,

Can't wait!

What time on Friday would be a decent time to arrive? I know as early as possible, but what time does the music on the Friday usually start?

The music starts at around 4 o clock on Fridays usually. A good time to get there and set up camp would be around 11am or so. There'd be a good chunk of the areas taken but there'd be enough space for you and a group to set up around then!

I don't think it sold out last year (if it did it was on the week of the festival). 2006, 2007 and 2008 were all advance sell outs if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

With Festival Republic behind EP this year, I was really expecting more of the big names from the Reading and Leeds festivals to be in attendance. In that way I'm kind of disappointed but in the end I know that I'll have a great weekend and come back thinking I got great value for money.

AdMMM wrote: »
    With Festival Republic behind EP this year, I was really expecting more of the big names from the Reading and Leeds festivals to be in attendance. In that way I'm kind of disappointed but in the end I know that I'll have a great weekend and come back thinking I got great value for money.

It'd perhaps be an idea to move the festival to the same weekend as Reading and Leeds. Only problem is it will clash with Rock in Seine in Paris and bands would have to choose between that and EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭SoulRock

Yep Arcadia are Back For The Picnic 2010..
    Will have lineup Ready for posting over next day or two..
    It's looking sweet and sure to Rock over the 3 days!!
    Stay tuned!
    Peace

df1985 wrote: »
    Arcadia Spectacular sent me this video on facebook today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut_NL_aUMCw

the message afterwards said see you at electric picnic 2010........GREAT NEWS!!!! was one of the highlights of the entire festival for me last year.

• Advertisement

AdMMM wrote: »

Ya, I'm kinda the same but I was hoping for more of the lesser known acts to play. Acts like Delphic, Yeasayer & Wild Beasts. A bit surprised that none of those 3 are playing EP. Especially as two of em are playing Bestival as well. Hopefully there will be one more announcement with them in it but doubtful I suppose. But like you said it'll still be a great weekend & there is loads I'm looking forward to.
    It'd perhaps be an idea to move the festival to the same weekend as Reading and Leeds. Only problem is it will clash with Rock in Seine in Paris and bands would have to choose between that and EP.

Just had a look there, Massive Attack & Roxy Music are playing that, as are LCD Soundsystem, Two Door Cinema Club, Jonsi, Foals, Crystal Castles, Eels & a few others. So ya it could be a problem alright.

Arcadia is cool. The following were announced via Facebook earlier.

Fernado Tomas
    Lektrosoul
    Mcmash
    Clan Arvenne
    Soul Of Man
    Noise Control
    Wonka
    Mixhell (Live)
    The Japanese Popstars
    Spitloop

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Arcadia is cool. The following were announced via Facebook earlier.

Fernado Tomas
    Lectrosoul (Warren k and Rocky)
    Mcmash Clan
    Arvenne
    Soul Of Man
    Noise Control
    Wonka
    Mixhell (Live)
    The Japanese Popstars
    Spitloop

Also skuzzi Port.. & Noise Control
    Times to follow..

http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14989

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Ok dudes have posted before, but I need to know if there is any transport from Galway to the fest. Have been in touch with the lads at Zhivago and they are undecided as yet so here is their number so that if they see enough people interested they WILL put one on. 091509950.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

any of the long range weather forecasters promising sun this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

longshanks wrote: »
    any of the long range weather forecasters promising sun this year?

From what i was reading in yesterdays irish indo that were supposed to get good weather for d first week of september which is due to the same weather front that gave us the good weather over last week and the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Say a prayer we get weather like last weekend guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Hey there,
    Just a few questions, are you allowed to bring bottles of shorts into the campsite? I have a bottle of vodka (in a plastic bottle, not glass) I was thinking of bringing, as well as a crate of beer, would this be allowed onto the campsite?
    Does anyone know of a good "to do" list in order to get ready for this?
    Getting excited now!

Here are my bands to look out for:
    • Dan le Sac Vs Scroobious Pip - flippen awesome live!
    • Modest Mouse.
    • Fight Like Apes.
    • UNKLE.
    • Fever Ray - Not sure about this, I like the Knife but F.R. could be a bit too slow for a festival atmosphere.
    • LCD Soundsystem.
    • Hot Chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Hey there,
    Just a few questions, are you allowed to bring bottles of shorts into the campsite? I have a bottle of vodka (in a plastic bottle, not glass) I was thinking of bringing, as well as a crate of beer, would this be allowed onto the campsite?

yeah, just put the vodka into a 2 litre bottle of coke and mix in some coke with it to colour it, that's what I did with my Southern Comfort. They will hardly go through all those checks in great detail, they will be busy on the opening day.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Van Occupanther

Shorts are fine on campsite, it's only the glass that is banned.

Was hoping for one more announcement myself but it's looking unlikely at this stage. Still, can't complain, there's more than enough to keep me happy. Haven't bought my ticket yet as I believe there's no way it will sell out at that price and will try to pick up a cheap one closer to the day. They really should look at the pricing again next year, I know loads of people who want to go but cannot or will not pay 240e. How they thought they'd get away with that is beyond me. Here's hoping for some sun this year, we're due a sunny EP, last year was so depressing!

Leftfield
    National
    LCD Soundsystem
    Eels
    Modest Mouse
    Low Anthem
    Steve Earle
    Jonsi
    Stars
    Donal Dineen
    Massive Attack
    Antlers
    Bonobo
    Foals
    Hypnotic Brass Ensemble
    Rubberbandits

Now for the inevitable clashes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

Ok dudes have posted before, but I need to know if there is any transport from Galway to the fest. Have been in touch with the lads at Zhivago and they are undecided as yet so here is their number so that if they see enough people interested they WILL put one on. 091509950.

I rang Zhivago and the guy said that they are undecided as of yet. There is however a Bus Eireann bus going.......

quote from

http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=218#Services_from/to_Galway

Electric Picnic - Stradbally
    Services Depart Bus Éireann, Ceannt Station, Eyre Square
    Friday, 3 September 2010 - 12.00
    Return Services Departing Stradbally
    Monday, 6 September 2010 - 0900
    Tickets must be bought in advance from Ceannt Station Travel Centre - €35

foxy_19-89 wrote: »
    I rang Zhivago and the guy said that they are undecided as of yet. There is however a Bus Eireann bus going.......

quote from

There will be a ticket bus were the buses pick you up from at the custom house,its like that every year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

foxy_19-89 wrote: »

quote from

Thats awful late tho to be heading from Galway to EP on Friday.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Im just wondering are single stove gas cookers alowed cause its not in the faq's but its prob been asked here before but i wanna double check

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

i dont think they want people cooking in the campsites, if i remember correctly those disposable bbq's arent allowed either. in saying that the carparks often have people with camping cookers, handy for the fry-up in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

i had three disposables last year and not a word was said a number of people around me also had them too

• Registered Users Posts: 29 herny

anyone got any suggestions where to go to swop a regular camping ticket for a family camping one ...will ticketmaster facilitate??

herny wrote: »
    anyone got any suggestions where to go to swop a regular camping ticket for a family camping one ...will ticketmaster facilitate??

Family tickets are sold out AFAIK, so doubt TM will be able to swap it. Even if they had some left I'm not sure they would.
    You could try the EP forum or Toutless:

http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/viewforum.php?f=24

http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8632

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tenth Planet

• Advertisement

Arcadia Spectacular Electric Picnic 2010 :P

44701_149361595090837_100000509926356_400877_8252005_n.jpg

+ Special Guest
    To be announced :)

Advertisement