Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Thanx Splainc :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

madmoe wrote: »
    Thanx Splainc :-)

Surely missing something very important but it's a start. Oh. Wait. See in bold for additional.

He he :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

If I bring a hip-flask and its found will it be taken off me entering the camp site or only when entering the main site?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Brian S

Hey folks, been camping over at festivals for a good while now but one thing that I've never gotten right when I'm packing the bag is food. Usually ends up being a crappy loaf of bread which gets mangled and squashed to half its size, some crisps and some breakfast bars. Just curious what other people have brought. Buying food on site can be so bloody expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

If I bring a hip-flask and its found will it be taken off me entering the camp site or only when entering the main site?

They won't take it off you anywhere. Within their limits you can bring booze into the camp site - just not in glass containers.

They won't let you into the main arena with a hip flask, they'll ask you to drink it or empty it. But that's only if they find it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

heebusjeebus - i've got a trusty hip flask and have been bringing it for years. They shouldn't take it off you but don't be flashing it in their face. Keeping it out of site is an idea, to be safe put it into your boot/welly.

Brian S - I usually take some cereal breakfast bars, pringles and some chocolate. Just for a morning bite. the food is very good at EP so i just make sure i have some morning snacks and eat in the arena for the rest of the day.

10 days to go people!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Brian S wrote: »
    Hey folks, been camping over at festivals for a good while now but one thing that I've never gotten right when I'm packing the bag is food. Usually ends up being a crappy loaf of bread which gets mangled and squashed to half its size, some crisps and some breakfast bars. Just curious what other people have brought. Buying food on site can be so bloody expensive.

i tend to bring plain biscuits, nuts, dried fruit and maybe the odd banana.
    beer has surprisingly high amounts of nutritional value :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Brian S wrote: »

I don't have very much money for EP this year, really going to be on a budget, so no buying food in the arena for me this time :( Planning to go to a Tesco beforehand and stock up on food such as: Sausage Rolls, pasties, pork pies, scotch eggs and Pringles/Dorito's.

Was at a festival a few weeks ago, spent €15 on food beforehand and it was enough to keep me going for the weekend. All I spent at the food stalls while I was there was for a cup of tea each morning, and I treated myself to a slice of pizza on one of the days.

I'm not being tight, and it's going to be hard to resist all the lovely food on offer at EP, but I really can't afford to go if I buy food from the stalls there. Goddamn recession!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pat.Kenny

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on bring an air mattress. One of my friends thinks it's a must cause she went last year and had a ground mat between herself and the ground and she was frozen. I'd prefer not to bring purely on account of the additional weight but also don't want to be frozen all night and not sleep a wink! Any advice?

• Advertisement

I don't have very much money for EP this year, really going to be on a budget, so no buying food in the arena for me this time :( Planning to go to a Tesco beforehand and stock up on food such as: Sausage Rolls, pasties, pork pies, scotch eggs and Pringles/Dorito's.

Was at a festival a few weeks ago, spent €15 on food beforehand and it was enough to keep me going for the weekend. All I spent at the food stalls while I was there was for a cup of tea each morning, and I treated myself to a slice of pizza on one of the days.

I'm not being tight, and it's going to be hard to resist all the lovely food on offer at EP, but I really can't afford to go if I buy food from the stalls there. Goddamn recession!! :(

Price wise is the food generally value for money in there or rip off guys?

madmoe wrote: »
    Price wise is the food generally value for money in there or rip off guys?

To be fair, most of the food I've had at Electric Picnic has been pretty good. But you're generally talking about €10 per meal so if you're eating 3 times a day it can clock up pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭broders3

Hey Pat Kenny,
    Definitely recommend bringing an air mattress. You can get a single air mattress and pump down on Mary Street for €25 and it is worth every penny. They take up very little space in a ruck sack and you won't regret it. I was at Oxegen this year and got 9 hours sleep one night which is about 5 more than I usually get sleeping on a thin mat! Bring good quality ear-plugs and an eye mask to keep out the morning sun! Eye mask may be on the girly side but it makes a world of difference at a festival getting a good nights kip! Enjoy

Broders3

broders3 wrote: »
    Bring good quality ear-plugs

Good thinking, where the hell can you get them though? I've never noticed them in any shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭broders3

Boots or any chemist even for the ear-plugs!
    Mr S. You probably have some more chemical help in staying awake at festivals than I do. I usually stick to the fermented grains!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Pat.Kenny wrote: »
    Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on bring an air mattress. One of my friends thinks it's a must cause she went last year and had a ground mat between herself and the ground and she was frozen. I'd prefer not to bring purely on account of the additional weight but also don't want to be frozen all night and not sleep a wink! Any advice?
    broders3 wrote: »
    Hey Pat Kenny,
    Definitely recommend bringing an air mattress. You can get a single air mattress and pump down on Mary Street for €25 and it is worth every penny. They take up very little space in a ruck sack and you won't regret it. I was at Oxegen this year and got 9 hours sleep one night which is about 5 more than I usually get sleeping on a thin mat! Bring good quality ear-plugs and an eye mask to keep out the morning sun! Eye mask may be on the girly side but it makes a world of difference at a festival getting a good nights kip! Enjoy

Broders3

Air Mattresses!!! 9 hours Sleep!!!

Christ in a hanky, everyone is going soft!

The Electric Picnic Countdown continues. Big welcome to the big guns as they step up to the plate.

http://thegmanworld.blogspot.com/2010/08/festival-season-countdown-to-picnic-10.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Hot Chip are gonna rock my socks. Great crowd saw them play in Oxegen but that could be down with people trying to avoid the rain.
    Not heard what Janelle Monae is like live but am curious, will try and see her if there are no scheduling conflicts.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on bring an air mattress. One of my friends thinks it's a must cause she went last year and had a ground mat between herself and the ground and she was frozen. I'd prefer not to bring purely on account of the additional weight but also don't want to be frozen all night and not sleep a wink! Any advice?[/QUOTE

you dont need an air matress,once u have a good decent sleeping bag or if there is 2of you open up both sleeping bags and use 1 of them to sleep on and the other 1 to cover both of you,believe me it works great

littleman wrote: »
    Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on bring an air mattress. One of my friends thinks it's a must cause she went last year and had a ground mat between herself and the ground and she was frozen. I'd prefer not to bring purely on account of the additional weight but also don't want to be frozen all night and not sleep a wink! Any advice?[/QUOTE

you dont need an air matress,once u have a good decent sleeping bag or if there is 2of you open up both sleeping bags and use 1 of them to sleep on and the other 1 to cover both of you,believe me it works great

Covering is not the problem it's the cold coming from the ground beneath you. The air mattress is comfy but its raising you off the ground which does the trick.

• Advertisement

Splainc wrote: »

Covering is not the problem it's the cold coming from the ground beneath you. The air mattress is comfy but its raising you off the ground which does the trick.

if you have a sleeping bag open wide which ur using it like an air mattress,it will keep you warm

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Mr.S wrote: »
    As for food. I generally just bring a **** load of snack food and pot noodle and i never buy stuff on side, you save so much money:)

Pot noodle, hmm, how do you make it?

Since campstoves are forbidden, is there any place at EP where you can get free or free-ish boiled water for your own teabags, coffee, pot noodle, etc.?

Pot noodle, hmm, how do you make it?

Since campstoves are forbidden, is there any place at EP where you can get free or free-ish boiled water for your own teabags, coffee, pot noodle, etc.?

were did you see that camp stoves are forbidden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

As far as I remember you can bring disposable barbeques but not camping stoves. Although there doesn't seem to be a statement on the website about it.

As far as I remember you can bring disposable barbeques but not camping stoves. Although there doesn't seem to be a statement on the website about it.

thats what im wondering cause i didnt see anything about it

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Sorry, I shouldn't have been so definite. I don't know if there is an official line and it seems that experiences vary. Some say security is more likely to allow it in family camping, some say that people leave stoves out in their cars and go out to the carpark to cook. Some discussion here:

http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15055

http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9610

Don't know if I'd bother if they had a facility where you could get boiling water. Suggestion box?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

More campervan tickets released on ticketmaster for anyone that is still looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Folks, how far is Stradbally village from the EP site? I may need to find a pub showing the All Ireland final if I can't make it to the Croke Park...anyone going to Croke park on the Sunday by any chance?? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭AnonMous

I am so excited and really looking forward to this years line up.

Hope everyone has a blast.

I have one question-do you think it is ok to bring a stereo into the campsite with me? Don't worry, wouldn't be blaring tunes until all hours. Just using it for bit of music during the day before heading to the arena.

I know i'd be allowed by security to bring it in, but should I be worried that it might be robbed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭AnonMous

Folks, how far is Stradbally village from the EP site? I may need to find a pub showing the All Ireland final if I can't make it to the Croke Park...anyone going to Croke park on the Sunday by any chance?? :rolleyes:

Hi,

As far as I remember, if you walk to the top of the Andy Warhol campsite, go through the nearest car park to that and Stradbally is about a 20 minute walk.

I think i'm right in saying that anyway. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Advertisement