Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

AnonMous wrote: »
    I am so excited and really looking forward to this years line up.

Hope everyone has a blast.

I have one question-do you think it is ok to bring a stereo into the campsite with me? Don't worry, wouldn't be blaring tunes until all hours. Just using it for bit of music during the day before heading to the arena.

I know i'd be allowed by security to bring it in, but should I be worried that it might be robbed?

there's always a risk of stuff being nicked, camping chairs and stereos probably the most sought after. However, from being there 2 years ago we had no hassle, nothing stolen etc. It probably depends on where you pitch your tent. It's no where near as dodgy as Oxegen anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭davgtrek

hi all
    i'll be there for the weekend but is it possible to say meet my 8 year old at the entrance on sunday morn and bring her in for the day. I'd be prob leaving on sunday evening anyway. Or how does that work ? I know kids are free but do you have to register them beforehand etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭AnonMous

davgtrek wrote: »
    hi all
    i'll be there for the weekend but is it possible to say meet my 8 year old at the entrance on sunday morn and bring her in for the day. I'd be prob leaving on sunday evening anyway. Or how does that work ? I know kids are free but do you have to register them beforehand etc.

You can register your child here:

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/families/kids-register/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

So u have a family camping ticket or just regular that's the main thing u would need really,

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

AnonMous wrote: »
    I am so excited and really looking forward to this years line up.

Hope everyone has a blast.

I have one question-do you think it is ok to bring a stereo into the campsite with me? Don't worry, wouldn't be blaring tunes until all hours. Just using it for bit of music during the day before heading to the arena.

I know i'd be allowed by security to bring it in, but should I be worried that it might be robbed?

IM going to be bringing a small wind up radio wit me for d same reason as yourself to keep me entertained in the mornings but its only a cheap thing so i wont give a **** if its robbed but i will be annoyed,just bury it in clothes or something when your headin to the arena

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Can you get a 1 day ticket incl access to the campsite on Sunday night?

All my friends are going camping for the full w'end but i cant make it til early Sunday.
    Is there much craic on the Sunday night?
    Thanks
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Anybody have any idea if the festival is going to get any decent weather this year....i know you can never tell but just lie to me, that'll make me happy lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Dr Nic wrote: »

All my friends are going camping for the full w'end but i cant make it til early Sunday.
    Thanks
    John

I don't think there are day tickets available so you'd have to buy a full weekend ticket.

If ticket sales are going slow does anybody think they'll start selling day tickets next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

chordtype wrote: »
    I don't think there are day tickets available so you'd have to buy a full weekend ticket.

If ticket sales are going slow does anybody think they'll start selling day tickets next week?
    They can't do that now, as you'd have thousands of people looking to get day tickets instead of weekend tickets and complain if they weren't allowed to. That's also why they can't reduce the price of tickets to fill the event.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

AdMMM wrote: »
    They can't do that now, as you'd have thousands of people looking to get day tickets instead of weekend tickets and complain if they weren't allowed to. That's also why they can't reduce the price of tickets to fill the event.

They will not do the day thing but will possibly give away lots of tickets (as you can tell by the massive number of comps running) as if people are not going to buy tickets they at least want them inside buying beer, merch etc.

• Advertisement

I also got a wind up torch radio in Argos two birds one stone ha, as for weather reports all I've seen have been Cloudy outbreaks of sun least not rain but early to be certain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

recyclops wrote: »
    I also got a wind up torch radio in Argos two birds one stone ha, as for weather reports all I've seen have been Cloudy outbreaks of sun least not rain but early to be certain

Well i'd take that to be honest. 1st festival in a couple of years and really looking forward to it but bad weather just kills me. And no im not just a lightweight, ive done gone to loads and been rained out of it so just not in the mood for it this time!

As for ticket give-aways i wonder if it would be worth just arriving on the Friday and chancing your arm at a reduced price ticket...

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

Dr Nic wrote: »

Thanks
    John

you cant get 1day tickets only tickets you can get are full weekend tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Anybody have any idea if the festival is going to get any decent weather this year....i know you can never tell but just lie to me, that'll make me happy lol!
    i checked a few long range forecasts today and its looking pretty dam good for next weekend plus on the ep facebook page they posted a forecast with the headline SUN SUN SUN..so fingers crossed people.iv got a feeling its goona b epic:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

i checked a few long range forecasts today and its looking pretty dam good for next weekend plus on the ep facebook page they posted a forecast with the headline SUN SUN SUN..so fingers crossed people.iv got a feeling its goona b epic:cool::cool::cool:

your socks will be rocked off, bring plenty of spares

had a look at the weather. not too bad

longshanks wrote: »
    your socks will be rocked off, bring plenty of spares

had a look at the weather. not too bad
    shorts,sunglasses and sandels with a bit of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

In 12 degree heat? I seriously doubt it, still if the rain is kept away I will be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Hope you're right!

In 12 degree heat? I seriously doubt it, still if the rain is kept away I will be happy
    This site has a high of 19.
    But it also says a bit of rain on the Friday.
    I don't trust these sites anyway. I've seen forecasts that are wrong for 'today' let alone 10 days away.

have some faith people.last year it pissed rain for 2 weeks before and it was a mud bath by the sunday..

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is/was there a family campervan ticket,
    or will just a family ticket and an ordinary campervan ticket do?

• Advertisement

There is a special family one, a normal one won't do.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bazwin

Friday and Saturday is when it's happening........everyone's always banjaxed by Sunday..........that's my plan this year.......head home Sunday.

terrible plan that, jap popstars are on arcadia on sunday night

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

anyone got a list of ep comps, or a site where there listed, i seem to be only able to find 4 or 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    There is a special family one, a normal one won't do.

Thanks, is there any way around this? I don't suppose I'll find anyone to swap with considering nobody would have bought a family one by mistake.

H8GHOTI, good name by the way, we won't find you hanging out at the sushi bar!

GopErthike wrote: »
    Thanks, is there any way around this? I don't suppose I'll find anyone to swap with considering nobody would have bought a family one by mistake.

H8GHOTI, good name by the way, we won't find you hanging out at the sushi bar!

You could chance your arm on the EP forum, if you haven't already.
    http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/viewforum.php?f=24

& lol thanks, you certainly won't!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Anyone found any bargains for a 4/6 man tent yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Halfords have a sale on atm, you might get a decent deal on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Anyone seen any bargains for Crates of beer? I've had a look in Dunnes, they don't even seem to be selling beer by the case.
    Tesco didn't have any great deals on.

Both Tesco and Dunnes are selling cheap sleeping bags / tents. I've looked at some of the reviews of the Tesco tents and they seemed to score pretty well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

recyclops wrote: »
    terrible plan that, jap popstars are on arcadia on sunday night

That is going to be one of the highlights for me. Cant wait to see them

Advertisement